Site with Pod near Cannock or Stafford.

Wasnt Me

Hi we are looking for a site to stay that has camping pods.

We are from Swindon and are hoping to meet friends from Sheffield and Manchester somewhere in the middle.

We need a site with camping pods, is dog friendly and walking distance to a pub.

If anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

..probably not quite to spec, but....

I've just spent three nights on the C&CC site at Hayfield in Derbyshire.

Until Friday Morning, it had three but Pods, but another two were delivered overnight. (An interesting experience, since the roads in Hayfield are "tight", and we passed the Pods going the other way on the bus from Stockport at 7:30pm on Thursday night (they'd blocked Hayfield centre when we got off the bus, and the crane which arrived the next day must have been difficult to drive through)).

Apologies fro this not being near Cannock, but it is very good for Mcr/Sheff, and is also a great site, with a variety of pubs within 20 minutes (easy) walking.

Good walking. good cycling, or simply good lazing about (and lots of dogs on site).

This is probably too far from your preferred area (not really far enough north, to be mid-distance?)...but anyway....

We stayed here in our van for one night, out of season a few years back(to attend a small gig on site)..

http://www.croftfarmleisure.co.uk/

...and sitting on the deck having a beer, overlooking the "lake"(more of a big pond), chatting with the band was quite pleasant ..

..and I recall there is(was?) a pub up by the main entrance and you could walk down to the river(..I can't recall if there were any actual riverside walks from the site though?...)

However, that WAS out of season(and possibly even mid week?) and it was very quiet...but looking now at their current website, if your stay is to be during busy periods or even, dare I say it, during school holidays!?, then it does look to have the potential to be my idea of camping hell! :-S (lol)

Does it have to be Pods for the alternative accommodation?

If not then friends of ours run a campsite at Alton (near Alton Towers) and also have three holiday cottages on the site.

The campsite is listed on OAl... Link or here is a direct link to their own website... Link.

The cottages have their own website... Link.

HTH,

Keith.

Archived