Afterfit remis blinds don't fit

knotmaster

Help required anyone please who has fitted remis front blinds to a fiat ducato 2013.

Mine just don't fit properly.

Im talking the front windscreen blinds REMIfront. I have 2 problems:

(1) They leave a small gap at the bottom of the A pillars between the pillar and the dashboard. The original A pillar covers have a angled cover to bridge the gap with the dash, the Remis don't.

(2) They are higher than the original A pillar covers which means I have to cut some of the roof lining down to get them to snap into the catches

Also (3) the packaging and contents includes sticky back foam but the instructions don't mention them one bit.

Bit loathe to start cutting my van when I might return them.

Checked the packaging and they are the right ones for my van.

Has anyone got these fitted to a 2007 to 2014 van. Do they gaps? Did they require trimming or padding before correct fitment?

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Graham

Mine fitted perfectly on my 2009 Warwick Duo and the new A pillar covers are exactly the same profile as the originals and are a neat fit to the top of the dash. Have a look at my post http://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t133-auto-sleeper-warwick-duo-modifications#612

I suspect that the A pillar covers have been changed on later models and you may have an earlier version. But I may be wrong!

Roly

Derek Uzzell - 2015-04-26 8:30 AM

The Remis website indicates that REMIfront IV blinds are appropriate for X250 and X290 Fiat Ducatos, but it would appear from the reference numbers provided that there are differences in the design of the blinds depending on when the Ducato was built.

http://www.remimobil.de/assets/images/content/tabellen/Englisch/REMIfront-Ducato_EN.jpg

So the first question would be are the blinds you are trying to fit Grey or Beige?

Keith.

After re-routing wires in the A pillar to run down the side instead of the middle, the remis pillars are a bit easier to fit. Also on reflection maybe I was being picky about the gap compared to standard fiat.

I glued thick foam to the bottom of the inside to push the bottom ofthe pillar out a bit, and thin black foam to bottom of the outside of the remis pillars to plug the gap and fitted them. Not easy I didn't think and you have to push and shove a bit to get them in but overall I'm happy.

Pics in the link (previous post) are before I added the foam.

£475 not cheap but hopefully a good summer improvement.

Graham.

Archived