chipped main wash basin in Benimar MH

Tesseo 490

Hi Paul

I bought this stuff when the glass screen fell and put a small hole in the base of my bath. It worked really well - easy to use and no leaks since. If you follow their instructions you may even be able to colour match your repair. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plast-Plastics-Acrylic-Purpose-Repair/dp/B002W6OSI0

May be a simple solution for your problem.

Glad to see another Benimar owner over here - we are few and far between?

Jeremy

Had a small chip in my grey drainer and repaired it with white Gel Coat mixed with a suitably coloured paint.

A bit of trial and error is needed to get a a match, mine was only a tiny chip so did not bother about a good match the main thing is to seal the drainer so the glass fibre does not get wet.

• 1 year later...

Another vote for gel coat.

I've used Plastic Padding's Gel Coat filler for numerious repairs. Available in tubes from yatch chandlers & eBay and you can colour it using Humbrol enamel. Repaired a grey worktop on a caravan using a tiny drop of black enamel to colour could hardly detect the repair.

Guys,

This thread is almost 2 years old and the OP hasn't logged on for nearly a year so I doubt will still be seeking advice.

I wasn't sure if the recent post from George-Matthews was spam or not seen as it was his first post, we'll have to wait and see if he posts again.

Keith.

Archived