Drive away awning for Peugeot Pilote Galaxy with 4m Omnistor 5000 awning

hideyspidey

HI

We are looking at a safari residence but have heard takes a long time to put up., We need shelter for my parents.

Should we also look at a drive away awning., Where do they connect to on the motorhome? How easy to put up? Do you have to wind out the canopy awning?

Whats easiest and best and cheapest solution

Thanks, advice needed asap please as need to purchase soon. Taking parents to Northumberland

If you do not have a pull out awning (sun shelter) Fiamma/ Omnistor you just need to fit a awning rail to your MH, plastic ones should be avoided, fitting this rail can be difficult as you would have to use Silicon Adhesive as well as No 6 stainless steel small headed screws, the height from the ground of the rail is in most cases critical you need to know what this is height is from the drive away Awning Manufacturer...the question you should also consider is how many days and nights would your parents intend to sleep in this type of awning as their design criteria is for touring.overnight stops, several days etc

HI

Thanks for your reply

My parents will be sleeping in the MH with us, its just for a bit more room for relaxing in etc.

We have a wind out omnistor 5000 4m awning but its very creaky and collapses in slight wind. We need a bit more shelter .

How do you attach an awning, does it attach to the omnistor awning bar?

Thanks

Well thank you very much, my wife and I have spent the last 24 hours repacking sorting out all the fixings and re writing the fitting instructions for you, Getting the lowest price for courier service,I hope you do not waste other motorhomers time like you have wasted ours and thank you for informing us that you did not require ours before we wasted a day

Archived