Dometic Aircon

audiseller

JudgeMental - 2015-07-06 9:02 AM

audiseller - 2015-07-04 1:16 PM

JudgeMental - 2015-07-02 12:34 PM

PJay - 2015-07-01 12:20 PM

We have a Weaco (Now Dometic) fitted . Had in from new 2006. Ours can be used on 12v while driving, (with a remote control )but best to turn off when stopped, as will flatten the battery.It also can be used as a heater on ehu if needed.

You don't say if you have it fitted or are thinking about it? In truth it is nice, but we don't use it much, (though did in Spain recently) Not sure I would bother to spend that sort of money again, as an electric fan would have served the purpose

PJay

same as what I had..never had to switch anything. I certainly would never have one again! and we have been in temps of 45 and lived (lol)

Interesting to hear you wouldn't have one again. Is that due to the equipment? Personally I wouldn't have a vehicle without at least a/c but preferably climate and if I lived in Southern Europe would certainly have a/c installed in any dwelling.

I wouldn't have a van without cab a/c but roof a waste of time IMO. As in serious temps, for it to work efficiently van has to be closed up and blinds drawn, its like trying to sleep on a flight with the all the noise. so living in a hermetically sealed box not for me...a fully winterised well constructed van of more help keeping the heat out.

Just think that your better off acclimatizing yourself naturally, and you do very quickly. Have been in temps of 45+ in India/Italy and been fine. We carry a desktop fan and that's enough..even that has to be turned off during the night as it gets to cold. Park in shade, go out early. long lunch and chill by the pool and go out again in evening when it cools down. As only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun......

Unfortunately cab aircon is insufficient to cool the interior of a large motorhome. I've used fans in the past but obviously they don't reduce the temperature, just move the hot air around a bit.

Good insulation certainly helps and mine is one of the better ones in that respect but not enough on its own.

I'm sure it is possible to survive in 45 degrees but I would find it extremely uncomfortable to say the least. I prefer to glamp not camp.

Once I have mine working on mains it should do all I require.

A floor standing circulating fan does the job, and we are here in southern Spain, 38 degrees today. IMO. the payload loss of probably 50kgs does not add up to the benefits of having a roof mounted system, especially for the occasional times it is needed in the UK.

Just by way of interest, what van do you have?

Guest JudgeMental
flyboyprowler - 2015-07-07 12:50 PM

A floor standing circulating fan does the job, and we are here in southern Spain, 38 degrees today. IMO. the payload loss of probably 50kgs does not add up to the benefits of having a roof mounted system, especially for the occasional times it is needed in the UK.

Just by way of interest, what van do you have?

Or if your on a elec meter which is becoming more common on campsites everywhere.....

Archived