fridge in a MH garage

silverback

hi all just wanting some opinions, i have bought a 40ltr coolbox / fridge which works on 12v 240v and canister gas, i was gonna stick it in the MH garage as an extra fridge/ beer cooler! then when reading instructions it says use outside! in an awning eh! just wondered if any body else keeps one in a garage?

regards

Jonathan

I think the warning about using the coolbox outside only refers to when it is operated on gas.

I have a Waeco 35 litre portable compressor fridge which I've happily used on 12 volt within the van. So, putting it in the garage should not be a problem even though there is less space for the air to circulate which might reduce the efficiency of the fridge a bit.

thanks chaps, i was thinking on them lines, so i would keep the inside door open from the hab side..but it is on test at moment and it does get quite hot at the exhaust on the top, i was also thinking that if it was on gas say in the hab area with a skylight open it would also get more air, would this aliviate a co2 problem?

Jonathan

Jonathan,

It is not co2 you have to worry about but CO. Carbon Monoxide or the 'Silent Killer'.

DO NOT use it on gas in any confined space. Mains or 12 volts will be fine but NEVER on gas.

It is your life you are playing with, don't do it!

Keith.

PS I'm guessing this is in prep for your big trip :-)

Archived