Wiring Diagram

seadog

Hi guys

Wonder if anyone can help me. I have a 2003 Autocruise Starspirit with a faulty awning light (fitted with a pir). I changed the light unit but still having problems, so I wanted to check out the wiring is correct. Does anyone have a lighting wiring diagram for a Starspirit or any other Autocruise of this era

Thanks

We used to have a 2004 Starspitit but I don't recall it having a pir on the outside light so is it standard or an afterfit do you know?

If you by pass the pir does the light work?

Our non pir light worked off 12 v dc, do both your light and pir work off 12 v dc or 230 ac or both?

Is there power getting to the supply cables that enter the light/pir?

I seem to recall the outside light may have been controlled from the control panel by the door rather than, or maybe in addition to, its own switch - sorry can't recall as we rarely used it although it did sometimes get switched on accidentally and was often on all night!!

Have you checked the fuses on the contol box, both 12v and mains?

Thanks for the info Tracker, it looks original fitted. I have 12 volts OK but there are 4 cables into the unit, 2 grey twisted together which I think is the feed into the pir, a grey/green which appears to be switched from the door switch to put permanently on and a white/orange which looks to be earth!! Just wanted to check that i had got them right. Its an odd colour for earth

Is it one of these that you are looking for?

I had one on my 2003 Burstner.

http://www.towsure.com/caravan-pir-security-light

If it is, you need 2 switches. One of them is for it to be used as a normal awning light. The other, is illuminated when used as a PIR. The red light is lit when the PIR is activated. I would imagine you have 2 live wires and 2 neutral wires. A multimeter should tell you which is which.

The light is probably fine, unless you have been shown how it works, it takes a bit of figuring out.

tonyg3nwl - 2015-08-24 9:44 PM

Hi, our Stargazer has outside awning light controlled by switch just inside the door. We dont have any pir.

van is actually built by swift from last of autocruise bits 2009 plate..

Dont know if this helps.

tonyg3nwl

What is a PIR? Hi Tony you mention that you have an AutoCuise 59 plate how is your Spare Wheel as I have been having a long discussion about it on another thread.?

Hi, pir as I understand is an infrared heat sensor or movement sensor that sense you as you approach and turns light on..we have the in house to trigger burglar alarm.

re spare wheel question, cant answer it other than the tyre looks good..are you querying the mechanism to lower it?..

Tonyg3nwl.

e spare wheel question, cant answer it other than the tyre looks good..are you querying the mechanism to lower it?..

Tonyg3nwl.

To lower it. Do you know that there is a re-call regarding the lowering mechanism. My AutoCruise is 59 plate regd end of November 2009 and it is going in to Peugeot dealer tomorrow for inspection/replacement.

Archived