new ducato x290 2015

barbelcatcher

hello all

just purchased a ducato x290 for selfbuild conversion and am stuck at stage one..the alarm!

trying to install a clifford system and cannot find any wires so far

I am not looking to wire into the canbus system or the cdl but just need to find the indicator/flasher wires and also where each door contact comes back to, i have had the whole dash out and the clocks and still nothing, guess its because of the canbus system :-(

having spent £200 on the alarm system i wont give up 8-)

cant find any info on this van or even a workshop manual

can anyone shed some light please (?)

thank you

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

I can’t assist with your alarm installation, but advice on obtaining a downloadable workshop-manual file for a Ducato X250 is offered here

http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/149-fiat-ducato/105472-fiat-ducato-x250-workshop-manual.html

There’s a fair chance that an X290’s indicator/flasher and door-contact wiring is the same as an X250’s, so the manual for the earlier model might help you.

Guest Peter James

Welcome to the forum barbelcatcher.

The standard door switches only tell you when the door is open. So I fitted my own to the door handles so the alarm goes off when the handle is pulled - BEFORE the thief has forced the door open.

Would be very interested to see photos of the conversion as you go along

PS as for connecting to the indicator lights I just wired into a convenient wire going to the light fitting.

1271518473_X250doorswitch.thumb.jpg.73cb77bca773e54f0476d805c4241564.jpg

• 10 months later...

Archived