2012 ducato Injection system warning light

Jonesduo

Hi,everyone,This is my first post on the forum although I have read the messages for some time and have learnt a lot from them.

I have a 2012 Autocruise Rhythm based on a Ducato 130 Euro 5.

About 100 miles from home the above amber light lit up and the message "check engine " appeared. As the Handbook said it was safe to continue, we came home without any problem, no smoke, no hesitation, no loss of power as far as I could tell.

Last month, I had the van serviced and MOTed by a local garage but am not certain they would have the sophisticated code readers etc to trace and rectify the fault.

From my own limited experience and others on the forum I am a little dubious of using a FIAT dealer unless I have to.

I seem to remember that Nick Fisher recommended a garage in Leicester( I live in Loughborough only 10 miles away)

If Nick or anyone could point me in the right direction to get this problem sorted, I would be very grateful.

Brian

Hi, is the light on all the time. I ask because sometimes after a remap the injection warning light comes on for a very short time if the engine is under load. And yes I know what you mean re fiat main dealers.they have had my globecar for a week now looking for the reason why the air bag light is on all the time.mchael

• 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to report that following a visit to Nick, our warning light problem has been sorted.

It would appear that our van was an early Euro 5 (Manufactured Nov 2011,registered July 2012), and was fitted with a DPF sensor which was replaced by an upgraded Bosch unit in later vans. Our sensor failed, hence the warning light.

I would like to thank Nick and his team for the time and effort they put in to source and fit a new sensor and the associated electrics and connections that were needed.

I'm sure his in depth knowledge of Fiat vans saved us considerable time and frustration at a Fiat dealership.

Thanks again Nick.

Brian

Thank you Brian,

It was an absolute pleasure meeting yourself and Lorraine. I know we do things a bit differently here and i appreciate your patience while we made sure that we were not changing anything that did not need changing. I know this was beneficial to you with keeping the costs down so we all win!

Thank you also for sponsoring me for my Skydive this coming Saturday in aid of The Aplastic Anaemia Trust. Now this subject is closed, I hope you don't mind me plugging my madness!

If anyone else would like to help please check out the Charity Website at www.theaat.org.uk and even better go to www.justgiving.com and select 'Nick Fisher's Big Jump' Whatever you can afford would be a great help for this amazing charity. I have been personally involved with the AAT for about 13 years now and have met loads of patients who simply would not be alive without the work that they have done.

Thanks.

Nick

Archived