Sat Nav co-ordinates.

Spadge

Don't really know cos I don't have a Garnin.

However, perhaps if entering in degrees/minutes/seconds you need to add an extra zero as in for example, 23 degrees, 50 minutes, 33.0 seconds.

If entering in decimal degrees perhaps you just need to add an extra zero at the end.

I'm sure Garnin users will be along to help soon.

Spadge - 2015-09-11 10:10 AM

I am unable to enter co-ordinates into my Garmin 65LM, I always seem to be a number short ? What am I doing wrong ! :-S

I will add that I'm on WGS 84 Datum & h ddd' mm' ss.s and have tried all the other options available :-S

I'll second the guess that you're not inputting in the format your Garmin is set to. You can either change the settings in your Garmin or convert your co-ord's with through a website such as Link.

Keith.

PS If you are still struggling please post your co-ord exactly as you have it and we'll see f we can help.

Robbo - 2015-09-11 11:29 AM

Don't really know cos I don't have a Garnin.

However, perhaps if entering in degrees/minutes/seconds you need to add an extra zero as in for example, 23 degrees, 50 minutes, 33.0 seconds.

If entering in decimal degrees perhaps you just need to add an extra zero at the end.

I'm sure Garnin users will be along to help soon.

That does appear to be the answer Robbo thanks very much ! :-D

As Keith mentioned, you won't be inputting the co-ords in the format you have your unit set to. Don't worry because you are not the ONLY one to fall foul of Garmin's different co-ord format.....even a sales guy couldn't figure it out when i was first looking around at Garmin models!

Mine is set to; h ddd° mm' ss.s"

You need to go into SETTINGS > UNITS > POSITION FORMAT to change it.

TomTom sat nav units are more straightforward and easier to input co-ords but once used to Garmins 'strange' ways you will get the hang of it......and Garmin co-ordinates are more precise than TT not to mention readable in countries where TT won't work at all.

Archived