burstner,door indentations

fesspark

I have a burstner nexxo 696 garage and out of the blue we have the 2 garage doors and the main habitation doors dented in straght vertical lines . up to 4 dents in each door,We have just returned from France and think maybe driving on the right plus the vehicle speeds out there could have caused the problem. Has anyone else on this forum page come across this problem, ?

Unlikely to be anything to with driving on the right, as Burstner are made in Germany where everyone (except maybe a few Brits :-)) drives on the right - and I doubt you drive your van as fast as the Germans!

If this is unique to the garage and habitation doors, and does not affect the rest of the adjacent bodywork, it may be due to greater heat while away causing the aluminium skin to expand and ripple, or it may be that there is a faulty batch of doors.

I somewhat doubt the latter, as I could understand this affecting the garage doors, which I think Burstner assemble themselves, but I believe they buy-in the habitation doors, so, if that is correct, same fault in doors from different sources seems improbable.

Have you taken this to a Burstner dealer to see what they think?

OK, Try looking for a reflection of something else, eg a car, a building, etc, that shows the reflection breaking up across the indentation. You may have to look almost along the side of the MH rather than straight at it to see a reflection though. Walk around and maybe try turning the MH to make use of the sun or available lighting.

Does this help?

Keith.

Sometimes to much light is the problem.

You may be able to show the fault with a non flash pic after dark

If the panels are straight consider laying a straight edge across or if curved something flexible that follows the curve but not the hollows. Shine a light from one side of the straightedge and photograph from the other.

Archived