The Total Count of Our Contributions.

Cattwg

Yesterday I posted two replies on the ‘Mishaps’ thread. I’ve noticed that only one post has registered on my total count of contributions – i.e. On both posts the total is showing as 487, this is obviously incorrect. I’m not particularly concerned over this but just wondered how accurate our individual count of contributions is?

Cattwg :-D

Cattwg - 2015-10-05 6:23 PM

Yesterday I posted two replies on the ‘Mishaps’ thread. I’ve noticed that only one post has registered on my total count of contributions – i.e. On both posts the total is showing as 487, this is obviously incorrect. I’m not particularly concerned over this but just wondered how accurate our individual count of contributions is?

Cattwg :-D

Cattwg,

The count on any post will be your TOTAL of ALL posts. ie Even if you went back to ypour very first post it would now show as 488 as your post here.

Simple really :-)

Keith.

PS It is also a similar situation with Location and Signature details, if you update them then the old style will not be visible, the new appears on every post you have ever made.

Keithl - 2015-10-05 7:42 PM

The count on any post will be your TOTAL of ALL posts. ie Even if you went back to ypour very first post it would now show as 488 as your post here.

Hi Keith,

Yes I realise it’s a total, which begs the question “How can there be two totals the same on consecutive posts as on the ‘Mishaps’ post?” (They were both reading 487, now they are both showing as 488). As I said I’m not overly concerned about it, it’s just an anomaly that intrigued me.

John :-D

Cattwg - 2015-10-06 10:45 AM

Keithl - 2015-10-05 7:42 PM

Hi Keith,

Yes I realise it’s a total, which begs the question “How can there be two totals the same on consecutive posts as on the ‘Mishaps’ post?” (They were both reading 487, now they are both showing as 488). As I said I’m not overly concerned about it, it’s just an anomaly that intrigued me.

Eh?..but there aren't "two totals" are there John..it's just the one total, being updated and displayed, umpteen times.

Cattwg - 2015-10-06 10:45 AM

Hi Keith,

...the count displayed is not associated with an individual post, it's associated with your profile.

When the forum is displayed, it associates your profile with each of your posts, and the figure shown is the total number (at current display time) of posts you've made to date.

Hence, at any one pass of the forum ALL your posts will show the total number of posts you've made to date, which will be the same figure on each one, but will be different from previous visits if you have made more post(s) in the interim, thereby upping the total figure.

Archived