My wishlist - which van?

Lizzie

I would be really grateful for the expertise of those who know motorhomes. Firstly we need to keep the motorhome to 6.7 including bike rack. We would like:

L shape bench seat with swivel front seats

L shape kitchen

Fridge with separate freezer if poss

Fixed bed - french or transverse with easy access eg proper steps

Enough payload for two people,dog, bikes etc

Around £30k max

Does anyone have any suggestions other than Rapidos? We could compromise on a smaller kitchen and not bothered what size of bathroom. We both have C1 licences.

Lizzie - 2015-10-13 9:33 PM

I would be really grateful for the expertise of those who know motorhomes. Firstly we need to keep the motorhome to 6.7 including bike rack. We would like:

L shape bench seat with swivel front seats

L shape kitchen

Fridge with separate freezer if poss

Fixed bed - french or transverse with easy access eg proper steps

Enough payload for two people,dog, bikes etc

Around £30k max

Does anyone have any suggestions other than Rapidos? We could compromise on a smaller kitchen and not bothered what size of bathroom. We both have C1 licences.

Lizzie

Do you mean 6.7 length, with bake rack down, or folded ? The bike racks when down are about 2ft long ?

We had this problem when looking for a van, We wanted 22ft, to keep within drive, when van is bought home. Having bought a van which fitted, we then a year later put a bike rack on, so now when van on drive, it overlaps the pavement!!

PJay

The length needs to be below 6.7 with a folded bike rack. I did read we could take the rackmoff easily but it seems too much of a faff. We will already be driving 40mins to the van so keeping everything else straight forward would seem sensible.

Btw we would also be happy with opposite bench seats. Another reason for asking is that so many vans dont give lengths and occasionally when i have looked up the length i have found differing answers. We will be measured to check we are within our limit so cannot go over at all!

Going back to the question of bike racks, if you find a motorhome with a towbar fitted then think about one that fits on a towball. We did this because we didn't want any drilling done on the rear of the motorhome. We had electric bikes but we took the batteries off before loading them. Our first motorhome was a secondhand Rapido, brilliant van, but there was a bikerack fitted and it started delaminating near one of the fixings, we don't know whether this was factory fitted or an afterfit but we soon replaced the van.

I think we will look at the bike racks on the motorhomes to see how easy it is to remove - it does seem silly to worry about this if it is so quick to remove. Thanks for all the advice.

But anyone got any ideas on other vans to look out for than Rapidos? - my OH is worried about the payload on them.

Archived