Mot

sooty10

sooty10 - 2015-10-20 12:19 PM

We will be staying away longer than planned and just remember my mot will expire before we are due home. Anyone know of an not place in Dover or could I wait till we get back..

Keith.

I think you'll find that once your MoT expires you will no longer be insured.

:-|

It is my understanding that if your MOT has expired you are still legally allowed to drive to an MOT station, provided that you have booked your appointment in advance. I am not aware that there is any limit to how far you can drive to the MOT station, so make an appointment at your local place and if they stop you as you leave Dover just tell 'em your on the way to the test centre.

AGD

Archiesgrandad - 2015-10-20 3:52 PM

It is my understanding that if your MOT has expired you are still legally allowed to drive to an MOT station, provided that you have booked your appointment in advance. I am not aware that there is any limit to how far you can drive to the MOT station, so make an appointment at your local place and if they stop you as you leave Dover just tell 'em your on the way to the test centre.

AGD

The MOT test station has to be within 'reasonable distance' and you must take a 'reasonably direct' route. The courts will decide upon the definition of reasonable in both instances. If you 'tell em your on the way' they will likely phone ahead to confiorm and may well insist on accompanying you to your destination.

He is in Spain so it looks like an earlier than planned return to UK!

sooty10 - 2015-10-20 3:48 PM

I will make sure I read this before posting,

We are in Spain and arriving home later than expected. I have noticed that my MOT is due before we will get back to the UK. I am sure I am not the first for this problem to arrive. Does anyone know of a mot garage in Dover or is it permissible to book an MOT near home in Lancashire and just drive there.

I know also it could be an insurance issue.

Any advice will be welcome.

Thanks. Keith.

Archived