snooper sat nav

george1954

i have a snooper sc6450 cc,with free lifetime map updates, i have been trying to download the maps on the odd occasion without success for about 2 years, i contacted tec support and was sent a link for a map downloader,it said there was not enough storage on the device i needed a bigger sd card, i bought a bigger card thinking this would work, no good, i contacted tec support who said they would supply a new card cost £10,i think for a device costing £400 with free lifetime updates the card should be free, has anyone had this problem. [ thats my rant for the day] regards george.

Not sure what bells and whistles yours has but we have a S6000 Ventura and have updated the maps several times with no problems at all. I've just had a look at the SD card but can;t see what the size is.

It strikes me that having bought yours with the intention of updating it, and now being told the card isn't big enough, then "Not fit for purpose" comes to mind. Have you been able to get any updates?

I'd be rattling cages big time with the supplier-ask them what the minimum size card requirements are-and get them to supply it-free.

Used in the UK only ... I use a 30 year old Navman N601 plus making a note of addresses for where I'm going. It works for me, especially for taking me out of a town or city, when I use the standard road system to the next town.

It does include most European maps but its not been used there. Its never been updated.

I have many times considered buying a new satnav but truthfully they all seem to have faults especially with up-dating so I still use the old one.

I have snooper 6000, and when I read that upgrades were available for free, for certain models, I attempted to download the updates, only to be told that as my model was so old, there would be a chargd..updates were for the system software not maps..

I cant remember the cost, but I reluctantly paid and received a replacement card very quickly..

system has a different look and some changes, but I still find it a difficult task to program a multidrop route..

forgive the pun , but is definitely not logical, , and cant be done directly by entering coordinates..you have to go via first creating favourits from coords, then struggling to add the favourite, plan the route then add next favourite,, etc..

the software upgrade has altered the look of the screen, but at expense, so much for free lifetime updates..

tonyg3nwl

We must be lucky then. As I mentioned, our S6000 has had several map updates over the last 3 or 4 years. No problems in finding routes. I never put my own POI's on, other than those available for download from Snooper which I find adequate (plus any "Favourites" I add.)

Not perfect, but what satnav is?

I have the Snooper Ventura S7000, had it for around 5 years now and have lifetime subscription. Have updated on-line through the 'map downloader' every year with no problems until this week when message said that the new mapping data exceeded the 4mb capacity in my current SD card. I rang them and paid the £9.99 for a new SD card (8mb), pre-loaded with latest mapping update. Received it within 2 days, works perfectly.

Archived