Boxer/Sevel Winch Connector

chrisd59

We have a 2007 Sunseeker 140 on a Boxer chassis. When trying to change a spare wheel I found that the shaped bar that fits onto the end of the spare wheel winch is missing from the wheelbrace kit. My Peugeot dealer was unable to help - they show the foam wheelbrace holder with the cutout for the piece on their spares page but do not sell that part themselves. This is unbelievable - they sell vans with the underfloor winch, but not the means for releasing the spare wheel. I now have a motorhome I cannot use stuck in my drive with a flat tyre I cannot change. Does anyone out there know where I can buy this part? Scrap dealers are no use.

HELP!

There is more than one version of the spare wheel carrier and many were replaced under a recall notice, but on my van of similar vintage the winch fitting was a standard 10mm hex/Allen socket and I used to operate the winch using a 10mm Allen key (on a socket wrench) in preference to the extension bar that came with the vehicle, so you may be able to do something similar.

A photo would help us identify exactly what you need.

Chris

In my response to your October inquiry on the Hints and Tips forum about your lost tool

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Hints-and-Tips/Spare-Wheel-Winch-Jack-Adaptor/39875/

I suggested that it should not be too surprising if a Peugeot dealership cannot order a part relating to a Boxer spare-wheel winch that had been superseded for safety reasons.

Presumably the tool being offered on ebay that I provided a link to

http://tinyurl.com/ns9zz45

is not the one you need. So, If you cannot obtain the tool you need elsewhere, your choices seem to be to do as Steve did or (as I also suggested before) explore with a Peugeot dealership whether or not your motorhome’s winch should be replaced under the safety recall. If the winch were replaced with the later version (that requires a different operating tool) the correct tool should be provided as part of the replacement process.

Archived