HYMER 584 1993

nigelF

Hi,

Need to run this pass someone please.

This is a imported MH I bought in from Germany earlier in the year. All electrics work fine, but I don't seem to have power from the plug sockets, via the main deep charge battery.

Fuse box looks OK and fuses too ... so before I go to a vehicle electrician any thoughts please on what I may be missing?

Kind Regards,

Nigel

As above, plus, you need to plug your 'van into a mains supply ie hook-up or a generator for your 240 v sockets to work. If you fit an inverter this can be connected to your "leisure" battery then the output (240v) side can be plugged into your hook up socket on the outside wall of your 'van but you must locate and unplug the Electrobloc battery charger. If you don't do this the leisure battery will be trying to charge....the leisure battery. That being the best way to flatten your battery :-D

Hello nigelf i think you need to pkug your appliances into the round sockets (that look like your car phone charger socket on dashboard of car) so if you have a radio with that sort of plug and a tv that should be okay , but i dont think things like microwaves , kettles , heaters etc can be used : i once went on a rally and sat in the dark and quiet cos i thought i could use all 3pin sockets and switch to battery , i know better now i think it was brian and tracker that put me on the right tracks , good luck with your hymer (ive got a hymer caravan now ) cheers pp:)

Archived