Black Friday and all that!

Caddies104

My pet hate is seeing all those adverts that say. "UPTO 50% off Everything"

Which really means if you can find ANYTHING with 50% off you have done well..

Went into a shop once that was advertising upto 75% off and asked which items had that % off. There answer was they have all gone sir. Still had the advert plastered all over the window though. Well that's my rant over, good luck on Friday. Sorry but will not be there!

Up to 50% off , means ANY amount , i.e may be 10% or 20% or 30% etc.

Down to 50% would mean ALL at 50%

Well that's how I interpret it. Any way usually a con , just a sales ploy to get you in shop.

When is Black Friday anyway??

Don't do sales personally , shopping for food is about my limit, out of necessity

PJay

Guest pelmetman

I've been a rampant consumer this week 8-) ........

Bought a new Silver screen, and some galvanized fencing for creating a hopefully dog escape proof pitch in Spain :-S .......

pelmetman - 2015-11-26 12:19 PM

Bought a new Silver screen, and some galvanized fencing for creating a hopefully dog escape proof pitch in Spain :-S .......

friends of ours will be Calpe for Xmas, they have a very large Alsation, so best not be close to them Dave.

By the way there van is French plated, but are Brits.

Guest pelmetman
PJay - 2015-11-26 6:56 PM

pelmetman - 2015-11-26 12:19 PM

friends of ours will be Calpe for Xmas, they have a very large Alsation, so best not be close to them Dave.

By the way there van is French plated, but are Brits.

I think we met them last year......yep its a big dog ;-) ..........

Rich you mentioned drones as a possible "did not know I needed one" purchase. For several years now I have owned an outdoors flying model remote helicopter, lots of fun. On our last journey we were parked on the banks of the Murray river that forms the border between the states of NSW & Victoria. It is a beautiful location with lots of picture perfect views along the river. The guy in the caravan that was parked next to us has a new drone that he proceeded to fly with me looking over his shoulder. It was an expensive unit (£1000 approx) I found out later that he controlled from a remote that incorporated his iPhone. He was able to take photos from the onboard camera that he controlled from the iPhone with the images from the drone camera appearing on his iphone. This drone even had an automatic landing function that allowed it to land at the press of a button from 20 plus Mtrs off the ground. The images of the river etc could only be described as awesome.
It sure makes my chopper look like a kids toy. Hey Santa!!

Caddies104 - 2015-11-30 9:13 PM

Rich

Can you fit it on an A Frame??

With respect Derek - that is a very silly question on this otherwise serious topic.

Of course you can fit it on an A Frame - just need a bloomin' big A Frame - it's that simples innit!

My two sons have identical mobile contracts and phones. With the contract expiring, eldest son found a good Black Friday offer with their provider. Agrees a new contract and informs youngest son, who also takes up the same contract offer.

Youngest son gets his phone etc in two days. After three days, eldest rings up to find out where his phone is and is told that his order has been cancelled and they don't need to give a reason why [it's in the small print]. Eldest complains and told Customer Service will ring him back. In the meantime, eldest son finds an identical contract with another mobile company but holds off doing the deal.

Customer Service rings back and offer a new contract for half the monthly price of the Black Friday deal if he stays with them. The phone won't be the same make but is identical. Eldest son takes the deal and t is set up.

So both sons are content but the eldest is on a lower priced contract that was not a Black Friday deal.

Brock - 2015-12-08 1:11 PM

No punch line but the morale is that telephone companies will sell their granny to keep a customer but won't make any effort until they need to do. The whole industry is barmy.

I think you'll find that the mobile phone industry thinks that their customers are barmy -

- and when you see people queuing overnight when new phones are launched - they may well be right.

;-)

No punch line but the morale is that telephone companies will sell their granny to keep a customer but won't make any effort until they need to do. The whole industry is barmy.

Hi

Quite right, I need to do the same sort of thing with:- EE, BT & British Gas, but always putting it off. Guess that's what they rely on!

Caddies104 - 2015-12-09 9:31 AM

Hi

Quite right, I need to do the same sort of thing with:- EE, BT & British Gas, but always putting it off. Guess that's what they rely on!

I've just asked NPower if they have a better tariff available, as suggested on the bottom of their bill, and lo and behold I have just saved over £100 from my dual fuel energy bill - and it wasn't that expensive in the first place comparing very well with other suppliers.

If you don't ask you don't get and staying with the same supplier can often be better and easier than switching!

Last week I suggested to Plusnet that I am again considering switching ISP but before I do so what can they offer - and would you believe another £70 saved. No way would I ever go back to BT but Plusnet, a BT subsidiary, don't know that!

Can't do better than 3Mobile's 123 tarif for payg mobile phone - yet and nobody has offered me their granny - yet!

That's nearly 1000 miles worth of diesel money - a free holiday - all for the price of two phone calls - and even the calls are 'free' - aka included in the phone price per month!

We also have a good selection of Meerkats from checking and switching - often staying with the same insurer who seem to offer much better terms for new customers than they do for customers loyaly renewing.

Simples!

If only we could switch water suppliers as easily!

• 3 weeks later...

Drove near Bluewater this morning while taking my daughter back home to Woolwich - queues everywhere on M25 and A2/M2 with total chaos. Hours to get in and hours to get out apparently? Dartford crossing also choc-a-bloc - presumably with people queuing for hours to get to Lakeside.

Several hours queuing to save a couple of quid?

Bu**er that for a game of soldiers!

Our TV was playing up so we were thinking of changing it. Drew up a short list but guess what none of the desirable sets we were looking for were available in the sales just the outdated ones they wanted to get rid of. Given the length of time sets last one does need the latest spec to try and future proof it. In the end we never needed to change it. I borrowed a professional meter from a mate and in simple terms it was the little boxy thing on the end of the stick coming out of the dish that was at fault. Bunged a new one and jobs a good un as they say.

Colin Leake - 2015-12-28 7:32 PM

it was the little boxy thing on the end of the stick coming out of the dish that was at fault.

I do wish you would refrain from using all this techno jargon Colin as it can be very confusing for the already bewildered!

Happy New Year and may your vision remain as clear as you would wish it to be!

We drove past the Cribbs Causeway M5 exit yesterday and that too was pretty busy making that turn off quite a turn off - but at least all those turning off the M5 kept the motorway clear for the rest of us!

Archived