Webasto Duo Evo Control Panel

sakofox

My van is laid up and drained of water for the winter. I have just had the webasto evo duo heater running. The control dial was turned to heating only, the status light was green and the heater worked. My question is this ..the red light on the control dial was flashing - is this normal? I cannot remember if it flashes when only heating the water in the summer.

Everything seems to be working.

I have a Webasto heater but slightly different model. I guess you have the manual control panel (I have a digital one) I think the flashing red light indicates a fault and on the manual control panel the fault is indicated by the number of red flashes. (Perhaps its a warning that there is no water. just a guess)

If you look at the Webasto website there is a workshop manual download and also a video tutorial regarding its use. It also refers to the flashing red error light and what the number of flashes indicate.

Dave

Duncan,

This is purely guesswork on my part so please excuse me if I have it wrong.

By the 'Duo' in your title am I right in assuming your heater runs on 230 volts or gas? If so where you by any chance running it on 230 volts but with the gas turned off? If so was the red light flashing to say you had no gas supply available?

A shot in the dark but...

Keith.

Keithl - 2015-11-26 6:53 PM

Duncan,

This is purely guesswork on my part so please excuse me if I have it wrong.

By the 'Duo' in your title am I right in assuming your heater runs on 230 volts or gas? If so where you by any chance running it on 230 volts but with the gas turned off? If so was the red light flashing to say you had no gas supply available?

A shot in the dark but...

Keith.

Hi Keith

The Duo is for water heating and blown air heating. The boiler runs on the van's diesel

Chudders - 2015-11-26 6:14 PM

I have a Webasto heater but slightly different model. I guess you have the manual control panel (I have a digital one) I think the flashing red light indicates a fault and on the manual control panel the fault is indicated by the number of red flashes. (Perhaps its a warning that there is no water. just a guess)

If you look at the Webasto website there is a workshop manual download and also a video tutorial regarding its use. It also refers to the flashing red error light and what the number of flashes indicate.

Dave

Dave

Webasto tech help desk have been back to me to say that the flashing light acknowledges that the boiler has activated drain mode because the system is on heating only and the outside temp is below 5c.

Thanks for your reply, I will download the workshop manual as well.

Duncan

sakofox - 2015-11-26 7:14 PM

Dave

Dave

Webasto tech help desk have been back to me to say that the flashing light acknowledges that the boiler has activated drain mode because the system is on heating only and the outside temp is below 5c.

Duncan

I should have thought of that, I did know that, what a fool I am. Incidentally I have had dealings with Webasto technical and found them to extremely helpful. On one occasion explained in so much detail I was on the phone for what must have been 5 minutes or more. Really good to know you can contact them in person and get all the advice you need. The only thing I found was that when the water is dumped either manually or as you describe it is a slow trickle of a drain and takes several minutes unlike my previous motorhome Truma system which gushed out from the heater..

Chudders - 2015-11-26 7:44 PM

sakofox - 2015-11-26 7:14 PM

Dave

Dave

Duncan

I should have thought of that, I did know that, what a fool I am. Incidentally I have had dealings with Webasto technical and found them to extremely helpful. On one occasion explained in so much detail I was on the phone for what must have been 5 minutes or more. Really good to know you can contact them in person and get all the advice you need. The only thing I found was that when the water is dumped either manually or as you describe it is a slow trickle of a drain and takes several minutes unlike my previous motorhome Truma system which gushed out from the heater..

I agree help is v good. I had a leak and it was a blanking plate seal, they explained how to replace it without removing the boiler and then recommended a parts supplier. My only grump is that the 2" oval seal was over £11 delivered, but it sorted the problem. Yes I find it is slow to drain.This is our first winter with the van so I just hope I have drained it all correctly. Roll on Spring!

Archived