Happy New Year!

Tracker

"Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to."

Bill Vaughn

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves."

Bill Vaughn

"Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average. Which means you've met your New Year's resolution."

Jay Leno "

"A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other."

Anonymous "

"Happiness is too many things these days for anyone to wish it on anyone lightly. So let's just wish each other a bileless New Year and leave it at that."

Judith Crist "

"New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time."

James Agate

"Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right."

Oprah Winfrey "

"Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account."

Oscar Wilde

"Every man regards his own life as the New Year's Eve of time."

Jean Paul Richter

Happy New year to one and all and may all your troubles be small and fleeting.

Will H - 2015-12-31 11:55 AM

"Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to."

Bill Vaughn

... And old age is when you don't care what year is ...

Or don't know what year it is!

Is Mr Churchill still Prime Minister?

Thanks for the correction. The mind is failing and another very good reason to not need to know.

It has many advantages, no stress by being concerned about what might have happened from a spurious suggestion.

The birds and animals are not concerned with what year it is so why should I.

Last night ( NYE) after a couple of liquid sleeping assisters I retired at around 9.45. Then as the clock struck 12 I was awoken by the sounds of world war 3. There was these horrendous booms causing the windows to rattle. WW3 lasted for around 15 minutes. The codriver had been downstairs watching WW3 live on TV beamed directly from the edge of Sydney harbour. Even thought the pyrotechnicians tried hard they were unsuccessful in felling the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I am sure the needy would be pleased to know that the several million dollars cost was well spent!! Happy New Year to all.

Geeco - 2015-12-31 11:41 PM

I am sure the needy would be pleased to know that the several million dollars cost was well spent!! Happy New Year to all.

I had similar thoughts as I watched on TV, with sound muted due to the awful noise that someone optimistically called music, London undergoing a similar onslaught.

Just who are these urban terrorists whose small minds think that we all have to outdo everyone else in the world with flashes, noise and smoke.

I agree with you Gary - it certainly was not worth waking up for!

PS Happy New Year, anyway and long may the roos share your beer!!

Archived