SNOW

Will H

Guest pelmetman
robertandjean - 2016-01-14 3:28 PM

StuartO - 2016-01-14 12:41 PM

Those poor migrants, sleeping rough.

Good to see that some of us can still show some compassion towards fellow humans, who just happen to be in bad circumstances.

Haven't you read the DM........they've upgraded their accommodation to almost motorhome standards......ie a tin box but no wheels ;-) ..............

Better than refugees.........they only get a tent *-) ..........Its no wonder they're queuing at the door :-| ......

pelmetman - 2016-01-14 3:38 PM

Good to see that some of us can still show some compassion towards fellow humans, who just happen to be in bad circumstances.

Haven't you read the DM........they've upgraded their accommodation to almost motorhome standards......ie a tin box but no wheels ;-) ..............

Better than refugees.........they only get a tent *-) ..........Its no wonder they're queuing at the door :-| ......

No never read said publication, would not even use it to wrap fish and chips. But do understand that French authorities are attempting to improve conditions a little in the jungle, which again as compassionate people we must all support. Long term solution would seem to be to admit these refugees in Calais into UK, then close these camps down. Now would seem to a good time as many Brits in Spain with their motorvans so space and sevices now available to settle them in before they return!

robertandjean - 2016-01-14 4:33 PM

Long term solution would seem to be to admit these refugees in Calais into UK, then close these camps down.

....and what would you do with the next 5000 that turned up in Calais ?

( which is bound to happen if they hear that the last lot were let in to UK )

:-|

Guest pelmetman

No never read said publication, would not even use it to wrap fish and chips. But do understand that French authorities are attempting to improve conditions a little in the jungle, which again as compassionate people we must all support. Long term solution would seem to be to admit these refugees in Calais into UK, then close these camps down. Now would seem to a good time as many Brits in Spain with their motorvans so space and sevices now available to settle them in before they return!

Compassion is all well and good..........unfortunately it looks like its about to turn nasty in many European countries *-) ...........

Salving the Conscience of the compassionate is not going to solve any problems..........they'll only cause more :-| ...........

Glad I ain't got any daughters to lock up 8-) .............

Are you offering YOUR house for them ? You could go off in your van, and stay on aires , so that they can have a home?

Just how many are refugees??

Strange nearly all young men. Years ago refugees where whole families Even Mrs Merkel has seen the error of her ways, by letting them in.

As this thread was about Snow, don't think the syrians will be prepared for it

PJay

PJay - 2016-01-14 6:39 PM

Are you offering YOUR house for them ? You could go off in your van, and stay on aires , so that they can have a home?

Just how many are refugees??

Strange nearly all young men. Years ago refugees where whole families Even Mrs Merkel has seen the error of her ways, by letting them in.

As this thread was about Snow, don't think the syrians will be prepared for it

PJay

You are correct this thread should be about snow and our interventions have helped move it off subject, sorry. That said perhaps not too far of track in some ways as clearly a frosty reception to some of our points! But no more, other than to report no snow on ground here in Newark, just very cold but nice and warm in van.

Good to see that some of us can still show some compassion towards fellow humans, who just happen to be in bad circumstances.[/QUOT

Germany showed compassion in the last year to many migrants ... Local women in Cologne and Hamburg as in Sweden and Switzerland unfortunately tasted the appreciation of said folk on New Years Eve

pelmetman - 2016-01-14 5:56 PM

Compassion is all well and good..........unfortunately it looks like its about to turn nasty in many European countries *-) ...........

Salving the Conscience of the compassionate is not going to solve any problems..........they'll only cause more :-| ...........

Glad I ain't got any daughters to lock up 8-) .............

Why would you want to lock them up? What could they possibly have done? We need to know.

My house has a 25-mile view across open country to Hay Bluff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hay_Bluff

and, on a clear day, the tops of the higher Brecon Beacons 40 miles away can just be seen.

Yesterday all of those hills were covered in snow (though by late afternoon it had disappeared).

Surprised by this phenomenon I checked a calendar and was astonished to discover that it was only mid-January. I said to my wife “Did you know that there is snow on the Welsh Mountains and it’s only mid-January?” She replied “Well that’s truly amazing - I must tell my mates on Mumsnet about this.”

Later on she told me that the ‘Mums’ had been similarly startled to hear that there could be snow on high ground in mid-January in parts of the UK, but it seems that this has happened on rare occasions in the past. Apparently it’s due to something called ‘winter'...

Guest pelmetman

SNOW!.......Pah *-) .................

Its been raining here on and off for 3 hours ........the first since 2015 8-) .......

The devastation is awful.......there's puddles everywhere :'( ......

Guest pelmetman
starvin marvin - 2016-01-14 9:45 PM

Why would you want to lock them up? What could they possibly have done? We need to know.

I haven't got any kind of progeny ;-) ...............If I did, and they took after me then they'd probably need locking up :D .........and I wouldn't be here in Spain....... but at the grindstone paying for university or saving up a deposit for their first house 8-) .......

Derek Uzzell - 2016-01-15 8:30 AM

Later on she told me that the ‘Mums’ had been similarly startled to hear that there could be snow on high ground in mid-January in parts of the UK, but it seems that this has happened on rare occasions in the past. Apparently it’s due to something called ‘winter'...

I think it's a bit irresponsible to spread the news among the Mums that snow has been falling.

If all the schools start to close it will be partly your fault.

:-|

pelmetman - 2016-01-15 9:14 AM

starvin marvin - 2016-01-14 9:45 PM

I haven't got any kind of progeny ;-) ...............If I did, and they took after me then they'd probably need locking up :D .........and I wouldn't be here in Spain....... but at the grindstone paying for university or saving up a deposit for their first house 8-) .......

You're all heart...or perhaps it rhymes with heart.

Archived