Choice of TV

cleddytanhouse

My MH came with an Avtex TV built in. It folds down across the windscreen. Therefore, it cannot be watched whist reclining in the comfy turned round front seats.

I want a second TV and would prefer not to pay the cost of another Avtex.

My question is, has anyone got experience / advice of the Cello or Vision Plus TV's?

Or, do I just have to pay for an Avtex to "get what you pay for"?

Is the Avtex (re)moveable?

You could detach it and put it somewhere else, or if you want to use it in both locations, if the current bracket allows, fit a quick-release between the bracket and the TV, add half of another quick-release bracket to a/the mount in your other location, and move it as required.

Our 'van TV serves as the kitchen TV at home, with the use of a quick release mount in both locations.

We have a Cello works ok but the speakers sound a bit tinny otherwise OK.

We have an AutoCruise and the TV fits inside a small cupboard above the sink and it is fitted with a swivel arm. I am thinking of moving it and fastening to the underneath one of the cupboards at the foot of the bed with a quick release clamp. WHERE DO I GET ONE FROM?

Len Salisbury - 2016-02-03 11:43 PM

........and fastening to the underneath one of the cupboards at the foot of the bed with a quick release clamp. WHERE DO I GET ONE FROM?

Check any TV arm/mount you're planning to use has Vesa 75 and/or Vesa 100 spacings (for smaller TVs, most will).

Then you want one of these (in either grey or brown):

http://www.visionplus.co.uk/shop/vision-plus-quick-release-tv-bracket-grey.html

(note, the non--tv end of the quick release can also be used as a non-moveable bracket by screwing it to a flat surface).

If you want to use the TV in two places, you simply buy two quick-release brackets, and use only the non-tv part of the second one.

(They're widely available in accessory shops, and it's worth doing a quick web search for them as the delivered price from different outlets can vary quite a bit).

hi,

Do youself a favour and visit Morrisons the supermarket. They do an own make [Techwood] I think, we bought 2 for our Bessie. Great tellies at a great price-just over £100 each at the time and came with a 2 yr guarantee.-12/240 v-card input-pc input-integral dvd player. Worth looking if they are still selling tv's of this kind

I have nothing to do with Morrisons.

cheers

derek

Under EU law all electrical goods have a two year warranty. However, Sale of Goods Act offer protection up to six years in the UK. Over two years advice should be taken as S of G act has some conditions.

The other thing I have to say is that the warranty with AVTEX is first class. I have had the misfortune to use their warranty. They send a courier to collect, do the job and return the product. The first time it didnt work and they collected again and replaced the TV. A first class service.

Hope this helps.

The Sale of Goods Act has been replaced by The Consumer Rights Act. My fitted Avtex has had issues and gone back to them. I agree that their service is very good. But, With my normal TV'S at home, I have never had to send one back!!!

Both Avtex and Vision Plus are British made and hopefully, well made.

I have just fitted a second TV to my Adria Sonic Supreme.

When I bought the van it already had an Avtex fitted in the lounge area but we also wanted one in the bedroom area, and we opted for a Cello.

Now, I ordered from Amazon a C22EFF Traveler but received a C22230F. I didn't realise they had sent the cheaper, inferior model until I was fitting the wall bracket - at which point I thought Id give it a try ans see what it was like.

Verdict - just about acceptable but lacked loads of features that the C22EFF Traveler has.

I sent it back,

Ordered another C22EFF Traveler from a different supplier and lo and behold I received another C22230F TV. I sent this back.

Yesterday I eventually received the model I wanted and when I fitted it my first impressions were excellent,

The picture is brilliantly clear and really well defined - I would say its better than the Avtex.

The sound is not quite as good but providing the bass is adjusted to almost its maximum and the treble is reduced to almost its minimum, in my opinion you get a perfectly acceptable sound.

It has Bluetooth so today I'm going to see if I can pair it with a Bluetooth speaker..... watch this space!

Cello only has one year warranty - Avtex has 3 years - so this is a big disadvantage.

At around half the price of the Avtex, the C22EFF Traveler gets my vote (so far).

cleddytanhouse - 2016-02-03 7:49 PM

My MH came with an Avtex TV built in. It folds down across the windscreen. Therefore, it cannot be watched whist reclining in the comfy turned round front seats.

I want a second TV and would prefer not to pay the cost of another Avtex.

My question is, has anyone got experience / advice of the Cello or Vision Plus TV's?

Or, do I just have to pay for an Avtex to "get what you pay for"?

If this is fitted to an AutoTrail which I rather suspect it is just beware there is a recall on some of these for faulty brackets that allow said tv to fall down and bop one on the head when driving. May also apply to other motorhome manufacturers. It's worth checking.

When purchasing a cheap TV it is worth "road testing" it to check that the picture does not go dark as the viewing angle changes up or down from the horizontal. I did purchase a small cheap TV for our spare room. It was fine when my head was at the same height as the TV, however as soon as I moved up or down from that level it became progressively darker. If you view it in the store at head height then mount it on the wall of your MH above head height you could get a very good impression of night.
Cheers,

I've bought a quick release bracket arm and one quick release device. and hopefully will have it in place today. It is a Vision Plus but the bracket which I bought separately is too tight so will get it exchanged taking the arm with me to see if it slides on OK. The other bracket came with the kit.

Archived