Auto-trail insect screens

Geeco

My AT Tracker insect blinds appear to be stretching. The result is that when moved to the closed position they do not concertina back into an ordered shape. It is particularly obvious on the habitation door insect screen. I would be grateful for any advice on a fix.

As a "by the way" I had the TV additional bracket fitted yesterday - what a difference it makes. I am now able to remove the bubble wrap I was using to cushion it's flapping on bumpy roads.

cheers,

Hi Garry

Ours are still OK - it must be the size of those Aussie insects you have over there. Plus the fact that it is so cold over here we rarely open the windows let alone use the insect screens.

On the TV bracket point, we are having ours done on our 1st service in a couple of weeks. I haven't had the ignition switch done yet - I am waiting for my local Fiat service centre to get back to me to let me know when they have the part in. Have you had yours done or wasn't your chassis number one of those on the recall.

Take care

Alan

I contacted Autotrail about the curtain tracks being very stiff, as I like to keep the curtains closed to stop fabric fade, during the conversation, the AT guy said that keeping the blinds closed for a long time was not a good idea, as they may go out of shape. He also said that leaving the normal blinds closed for long times could affect the windows with their reflection onto the window.

The tv bracket fix is well worth having done asap.

Hi Gary

I have a concertina insect screen on the hab door of my van. It has 6 horizontal cords which tension the blind (somehow) and allows it to retract into the cassette.

However, one of the horizontal cords has broken and the screen won't retract properly into the cassette, but only in the area of the broken cord.

If your screen is similar, I would suggest that the cord system needs retensioning.

To do this, you need to remove the whole screen. It is held in place by screws located in a slotted aperture in the vertical members either side of the screen. You need to force the screen assembly in a vertical direction by say 10mm to release the frame from the slotted aperture. You may need to remove the plastic entry step to get to the underside of the blind assembly.

The hab door insect screen on mine is made by Horrex.

Suggest you first check the tension on the horizontal cords. They should feel quite taut. If they feel a bit floppy, then they probably need retensioning.

Hi Alan, my Tracker did not need the ignition switch changed. I will ignore the reference to large insects, however Last week it was possums doing gymnastics on the roof and last night it was flying foxes in the trees nearby - very noisy.
John thank you for your advice on retensioning the cords. My door has 4 horizontal cords so when I return home I will look at tightening them up to see if it makes a difference.
Just thought I would let you know it is a balmy 28C with a gentle breeze blowing from the NE. A nice 4foot swell is rolling in on to a crisp white sandy beach next to the caravan park. Northern coast of NSW beautiful one day perfect the next ( to steal a phrase).
Again than you for your assistance on this topic very much appreciated.
Cheers,

Archived