Sony radio

snail

Hi folks, we have a Sony drive s cdx GT 300s radio CD player fitted in our van from new,

lately it has a mind of it's own randomly switching on or off, even when turned completely off, not just on standby, it comes back on into standby or sometimes into demo mode scrolling through all its functions!

This might happen 5 mins after turning off or middle of the night, sometimes it just refuses to go off taking maybe 10 attempts? Only to come back on again when you think you've cracked it. We rarley use CD player normally use the mp3 player or TV plugged into the auxillary

So far I have tried removing the flip front and doing a reset several times also used contact cleaner on head unit connection

So any ideas or is it time for a new radio? It's only 9 years old, radios used to outlast the car! Taking them with you when changing

Thanks snail

Was this radio dealer fitted? Where does it get it's power from ? Vehicle or leisure battery ? Either way I would put in a remote power switch,so that off means OFF. Shouldn't be too hard to do. Either for you or the dealer if you don't feel happy doing it. OR you could hire an exorcist as the radio appears to be possessed !

Just re-read your post, at 9 years old, time to replace your radio, they are relatively cheaper now than they have ever been. Splash out ! The old Sony has earned his retirement.

Well I have had the radio out and in bits today, found the switch that cuts off the power when you remove the front has a plastic spring loaded button which when front on restores power, this was not always making, so have removed spring and button assembly, put an elastic band to permanently make the switch, now all good? Only downside is if you decide to remove the front you need to turn radio off first! Time will tell but have tried it on and off 50 times today and behaved every time

Snail

Archived