My Favourites ?

Caddies104

Right click on the page, then click "save as" save the file as an Html file (default). The thread will be saved locally (all pages).

Or you can just save the link in your bookmark folder like you would any website has the disadvantage you need to be online to view and if the forum disappears it won't be available.

On my iMac, I can right click in Safari and choose Save Page As > Web Archive. I can also File>Export as PDF. Sometime I use Preview>File>Take a screenshot and store the screenshot with the web address.

Most often I simply go Edit>Select All>Copy and then paste it into Pages or Notes. This way I can edit out extraneous comments and cannot lose the content if the thread is deleted [i back up my iMac]. When I edit, it helps me remember the content and more importantly, put a proper title on the information e.g. 20160421 My favourite MM sites thread. I could put in keywords that can be picked up by a search through Alfred [third party software I use available from the AppStore] or Apple's Spotlight. I'm not averse to printing off the Pages document and keeping a copy in the van.

If I want to use Notes, I simply click Notes in the Safari toolbar and that will save a link to the thread. Notes can be accessed through iCloud easier than Pages. There are other options such as Dropbox and Evernote.

A simple way is to ensure you post on any topic that is of interest to you and then just use the forum's search engine to find all your posts!

Not sure what will work on an iPad but I reckon its better for individuals to keep the information themselves so that it can be personalised and kept for several years at least providing the device is backed up. Apple Help on the toolbar will probably provide a solution for iPad users.

• 4 weeks later...

get youself a copy of ONENOTE - its basically a notebook app, but so much more :) its available on all platforms inc apple, but is microsoft product - online version is free - uses notebook hierarchy, and can copy / paste full web pages, inc links etc. it is a fab product - i am using it to save pages about MH's in my learning and before i buy. you can have muliple notebooks, sync across all your devices, including tablets and phones etc - cant recommend it strongly enough xxx

https://www.onenote.com/

On an iPad if you want to save a link press on the top white strip above the main body where it will say "back to mail " etc. when pressed it changes the options in that strip. On the right you will see a blue square with an up arrow in it. When you press that there are options as to where you can save the link. Once you have found your way around an iPad you will find it an absolute gem to use. I have a PC, a laptop and a Windows 8 Asus tablet and they are hardly ever used now I know my way around the iPad. Cheers,

Archived