Brilliant Brian

michele

Bill Ord - 2006-12-08 10:23 AM

Is it just me or is this forum becoming a chat line? Let's keep it strictly to motorhomes and as for messaging at that time of day; enough said.

Bill Ord,

How rude can you get you don't know what go's on in my house . I will thank you to keep you opinions to yourself Enough said ? I think not . Not a nice snipe . Here am I trying to tell Brian that I think his pictures great and you say that . We can all be rude why dont you change your name to Victor I don't believe it Meldrew ] Then when you see me typing at three in the morning .

you can say I DONT BELIEVE IT . enough said now . Probably not .

wont hold my breath.

I can see the annoyance that some people including myself get when a thread gets diverted to a chit chat conversation because somebody has picked up on a line dropped into a thread as an example of something, but not related to the thread. This seems to happen on all sites, and I just wish that when this happens maybe if we wanted to respond to that small piece of chit chat we could put in a * saying diverted to Chit Chat under ......... This would then leave the original thread on the subject not diverted but meaningful, and the dropped comment discussed under Chit Chat for those that are interested.

David

Supertractorman,

Brilliant idea until someone thinks clothes, or my topic (IE) which one is chit chat what one person classes as chit & chat is not to another

So Guess we are all really different but I like others thought I was making friends not enemies.....

:-(

Michelle,

I don't think anyone goes out to make enemies, the problem with written word is we know what we want to say, and in the rush to get it out it comes out wrong. Now if we were speaking to one another we would know by the facial expressions it it was a joke or serious.

David,

PS. If you post a thread on clothes I will keep well away >:-( >:-( as at home it normally costs me money

Hi David. Its not so much the content, but as you said, the "hijacking" of a thread where someone has posted a genuine enquiry in the hope of a helpfull response, only to find to find themselves reading up on a totally unrelated subject that has nothing to do with the original question.

I know its easy to go off thread, and can only suggest that other users show a little discipline and respect as far as this matter is concerned.

It,s not for me to say what and what not should be allowed, but there are the two main forums to choose from, and it only needs a little commonsense to dictate which is the most suitable. Howard.

Well, for what it's worth, I'm irritated by all those helpful souls who post replies to serious queries saying, this,  that or the other never happened to them, or doesn't affect their 'van, or some such similarly vacuous piece of irrelevant, unhelpful garbage.  Why do they bother?

So there!!

That may be true Brian, but what we are trying to do here is take away the animosity and bad feeling that often arises when a thread is "hijacked".

I enjoy reading the more technical issues posted by yourself and others, and even though it may be of no practical use to me given the complexity of modern day vehicles, it does give me a better understanding of how things work.

All i,m asking is that we don,t find ourselves using a forum that includes a lot of mudslinging and personal remarks. Howard.

How did this get onto hijacking .

I thought that I simply said something nice re Brians beautiful pictiure.

I also thanked him for the tip of the snow on the roof.

Hey presto next thing I know its moaned at removed.

and god knows what else .

just shows you you can't be even nice on here.

What annoys me is that the same certain people that moan I don't see them having the B***ls to tell off Don or someone else I ask you what has a link to flying got to do with M/H 's (not personel Don nothing intended) I can think of lot's of others But me oh no trouble again.I am convinced it's my name .

Ah well, you can please some of the people some of the time. But never all of the people all of the time...

Getting back to being chatty, not catty ... Michele, what sort of pup is in your photo. And in light of Brian telling you the secrets of his photo, how did you get the pup to hold the cushion and pose?

Norma,

The Picture is a PUG black costing £1000 thats the going rate for a black fawns from £750.. It is stolen off the web . I don't know if you know I did have two until a few weeks ago . one died .

The pillow say's bite me.. I have some good ones but I am not clever enough to get on here yet . her name is Jingle Bells this was my xmas present 4 years ago.. ;-) she just get's jinx

• 1 month later...

Bit late in the year I Know ,

Wonder if I get to beat Brians Picture of the snow on his van today......

Also I wonder as this thread got moved to chatter box after a few comments , will the global stuff all get moved to Chatter box ?

I wonder..........

Guest starspirit

If, when we realise that we are in the wrong category, or we or are starting to hijack a thread, we apologise and either ask Mr Mod to put it in the right category and/or make a reference that we are about to start a new thread on the new subject it might help avoid some of the irritation that some of us feel when the topic wanders off topic.

I did this yesterday when Norway crept into the Gaslow thread and it seems to me to be the best way of both expanding the number of topics for us all to discuss and keeping the original topic on subject?

My Dear , I totally agree but what gets me is what ever I PUT seems to be not in the right place. Take for instance this thread . i was just trying to pay Brian a compliment re his piccy with the snow and and low and behold its take it else where. Must be my name. Then the thread is picked up and dropped here.

Now what I would like to know is has Global warming got more than this thread and deserves to be in M/H section obviously ... I have no problem with this thread being here whats so ever . However whats sauce for one seems to apply to them only

. Just remind me next time when someone says .....Er wrong place /take it else where or this should not be here /take this to chatterbox....

Different rules for different people. Must just be my name.

Never mind.

Bill Ord - 2006-12-08 10:23 AM

Is it just me or is this forum becoming a chat line? Let's keep it strictly to motorhomes and as for messaging at that time of day; enough said.

Chatterbox is for all outdoor enthusiasts not just those with motorhomes!

Archived