Nissan pulling out of Sunderland

Violet1956

Violet1956 - 2016-10-02 10:37 AM

antony1969 - 2016-10-02 10:02 AM

Violet1956 - 2016-10-02 9:56 AM

antony1969 - 2016-10-02 9:23 AM

John52 - 2016-10-02 8:29 AM

antony1969 - 2016-10-02 7:56 AM

Your London rent prices doesn't seem to put off half the worlds population who want to come and live in that dirty place does it ??

Bit of an overstatement Anthony? 3.7 Billion people want to come to London? Hyperbole adds nothing to the discussion. :-(

Personally I thought I was under the true figure but hey-ho ... Suppose the rest are already in Boston , Lincs anyway

Of course and these billions of people have taken all the jobs or are idling around on street corners speaking in foreign tongues, they even have the nerve to open up their own shops. It's a disgrace. (lol)

In all seriousness Johns London horror rental prices dont seem to stop foreigners wanting to come and live

in the big smoke or set up businesses in rental properties either , thats where your " their own shops " comes in I guess , plenty of em in that town wherever you look , business and life must be good ... All a load a codswallop I reckon ... Where are all the real Londoners now I wonder ?? ... Probably like Bradford folk they move out and live outside Bradford at Queensbury and Clayton and the likes , makes ya wonder why doesn't it and I don't think it has anything to do with more expensive Bradford living as house prices and rents in Queensbury and Clayton are much higher ... Funny old world

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

they even have the nerve to open up their own shops. It's a disgrace. (lol)

Well where else are migrants going to do their shopping?......not to mention provide work for more migrants........and helping the exports of their home country's......whilst topping up their pay with UK tax credits, housing benefits etc etc........its a win win......for Eastern Europe :-| .....

pelmetman - 2016-10-02 2:26 PM

Well where else are migrants going to do their shopping?......not to mention provide work for more migrants........and helping the exports of their home country's......whilst topping up their pay with UK tax credits, housing benefits etc etc........its a win win......for Eastern Europe :-| .....

....and for the supermarket giants who only want to pay a few pence for their veg, which as an ardent fan of the roast dinner may also benefit you Dave. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2016-10-02 2:40 PM

....and for the supermarket giants who only want to pay a few pence for their veg, which as an ardent fan of the roast dinner may also benefit you Dave. ;-)

Migrant workers have been picking veg across Europe for decades ;-) ...........

Its only the EU that insists we allow them access to our benefit system :-| ............and look where that has got us *-) ......

Progress eh? >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2016-10-02 2:50 PM

Violet1956 - 2016-10-02 2:40 PM

Migrant workers have been picking veg across Europe for decades ;-) ...........

Its only the EU that insists we allow them access to our benefit system :-| ............and look where that has got us *-) ......

Progress eh? >:-) ........

The problems associated with our benefit system are our own Dave and nothing to do with the EU IMO. Have you had your dinner btw? :-)

antony1969 - 2016-10-02 9:23 AM

Help to Buy surely can only be a win ... Purchases of more houses means land sold , tax ... Houses built , tax ... Builders / joiners / roofers and the rest , tax ... Surely the bit of government help to purchase is nothing compared to the gains ??

Throwing taxpayers money at the demand does not mean more houses built because the supply of building land is restricted buy the world's most onerous planning system.

It has just increased the price of existing houses doubling the housing benefit bill in 10 years.

A double whammy for the taxpayer.

Currently Australia have 3 car companies Ford, GM (Holden) and Toyota. By 2017 we will have no local manufacturing as all three a closing their plants. All vehicles will be imported in future. This is despite the Govenment tipping in millions of nice crisp dollar notes into the pockets of these multinationals in order to protect the jobs of the auto workers. The bottom line is the labour costs are much higher than low cost countries like Thailand, Turkey etc, even the 3 series BMW & C class MB's are from assembly plants in South Africa. Based on what has happened here I am of the opinion Nissan will only be in The UK while it suits them financially with very little impact of the Brexit decision. They play one Government against another for the best deal for them not for the country, the labour force or the customer. IMHO Brexit will work out fine you will take control of your borders and you will be able to negotiate a suitable trading arrangement with the EU as they can not afford to loose such a large consumer market as the UK . I know our trade reps have been knocking on your door looking to open dialogue re closer trade. In this country the old attitude re poor quality from the UK especially in the auto market is long gone into history. I purchased an English MH and am delighted with it. Cheers,

John52 - 2016-10-02 8:56 PM

pelmetman - 2016-10-02 9:37 AM

Beats me why anyone would want to live in (London)

Mainly because thats where the jobs are. The Government has made it so by cramming everything into London.

Why what has this government crammed into London ???

Geeco - 2016-10-03 4:27 AM

The bottom line is the labour costs are much higher than low cost countries like Thailand, Turkey etc, ,

It isn't just the Labour costs in Britain (which are lower than countries like Germany, France etc)

Its other costs, property, green taxes, legal fees, compensation culture, congestion charges, commuting charges, parking charges, stealth taxes like Insurance Premium tax just gone up again etc etc...

antony1969 - 2016-10-03 7:04 AM

John52 - 2016-10-02 8:56 PM

pelmetman - 2016-10-02 9:37 AM

Beats me why anyone would want to live in (London)

Mainly because thats where the jobs are. The Government has made it so by cramming everything into London.

Why what has this government crammed into London ???

I said 'The' government not 'This' government.

Guest pelmetman

Its big business that's cramming everything into London, they like to be in London coz their lobbyists don't have to go too far to slip a few quid here and a promise there *-) .......

HM Government should relocate to somewhere up North, that way the South will stop getting all the taxpayers dosh :-| ......

Archived