GAS IT.

trickydicky

We live in Spain and only had Spanish gas bottles, so on a trip to UK in the van this year, called into Gasit in Caernarvon to buy a refillable bottle and all the ancillaries so that we could spend some time in Europe.

Darren the salesman was very helpful, and we drove away with everything we needed to fit the system.

Fitting the system took me 90 minutes with just a couple of spanners and a screwdriver - dead easy, even for someone who is only half competent at DIY.

I couldn't fault the service or the price at Gasit, and would thoroughly recommend them - ask for Darren and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Fitting a refillable LPG kit is a DIY job but it is always recommended that you get the installation checked by a competent person; if you just do it on your own and an LPG failure resulted in an insurance claim you might have difficulty.

It is important, if you will be using your MH in UK, to have the refiller fitting on the outside skin of the MH rather than inside the gas locker. This is because refilling stations, especially on garage forecourts, will usually refuse you service unless you are attaching the pump nozzle to a fitting on the outside skin of the vehicle.  Their staff are not trained to check whether an LPG system is correctly installed so if they don't see a skin fitting (or if they see an open gas locker lid during filling) they will tend to take the easy way out and refuse service.

StuartO - 2016-10-22 9:23 AMFitting a refillable LPG kit is a DIY job but it is always recommended that you get the installation checked by a competent person; if you just do it on your own and an LPG failure resulted in an insurance claim you might have difficulty.

I would go even further and say it could result in serious or fatal injury. So get it tested.David

StuartO - 2016-10-22 9:23 AMFitting a refillable LPG kit is a DIY job but it is always recommended that you get the installation checked by a competent person; if you just do it on your own and an LPG failure resulted in an insurance claim you might have difficulty.

It is important, if you will be using your MH in UK, to have the refiller fitting on the outside skin of the MH rather than inside the gas locker. This is because refilling stations, especially on garage forecourts, will usually refuse you service unless you are attaching the pump nozzle to a fitting on the outside skin of the vehicle.  Their staff are not trained to check whether an LPG system is correctly installed so if they don't see a skin fitting (or if they see an open gas locker lid during filling) they will tend to take the easy way out and refuse service.

Refusal to fill is also becoming common in France with an internal filler, but as very few stations in France are maned it isn't such a big issue.I have a Gas It system I installed, pretty straight forward to fit and they also supply a gas detection pen with every order.

Archived