Trump thread

Duncan MMM

Ah well, a fresh start every so often is probably helpful for a thread like this anyway.

I think Trump was very clever winning the election the way he did but I worry that he lacks the qualities to be a good President.  There was an interesting interview of a US politician, not one who expected the offer of any Trump job, when asked how he thought the Presidency would turn out said "corrupt and authoritarian".

Is that libellous Duncan?

Duncan MMM - 2016-11-18 10:46 AM

Politics is obviously an emotive subject, and while Chatterbox gets a lot more rope than anywhere else try to avoid the personal insults. I've deleted the Trump thread because half of it was libellous.

The real problem is people not politics and their obsession with trawling the internet to reiniforce their views regardless of forum etiquet or who it might offend.

Perhaps it would help if you had a quiet word with the main offenders so that they better understand the expectations - and if that includes me let me apologise now as I do try hard not to be libellous, but I am not a lawyer so maybe I too get it wrong?

I suspect part of the problem is that politicians get so much stick all the time - and that negative campaigning by politicians involves such wildly offensive and unproven allegations about others as will serve the campaigning purpose - that there is a huge amount of defamatory stuff on broadcast media as well as the internet all the time. 

Since the politicians don't challenge it in the courts as slander or libel because it would be counter-productive to do so, it becomes the norm.  Only occassionally (as with the case our our Speaker's wife, who merely teased about who was trending, without naming anyone) does someone get challenged (by someone rich enough to afford doing so) and find out how easy it is to defame someone.

Fortunately for Duncan, a forum publisher ievery post and does not become liable until are notified that something is libellous or they find out by other means.

I doubt if any of it was seriously libellous. The photo I made up of Trump and Farage with a KKK hood on and a Hitler moustache might have been but its all over the internet now and cannot be stopped. :D I suspect there will be thousands like it and worse.

Maybe I missed the personal insults, I dont think I made any, at lest not serious ones. I quite like the debates in here because they are a little extreme at times and heated with a lot of diverse opinions. It would be very dull if we all agreed and were not a bit passionate about it.

Will try not to be libellous or insulting in the future but its not easy you know. :D

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2016-11-18 1:17 PM

Will try not to be libellous or insulting in the future but its not easy you know. :D

Get stuffed :D ........

Your right....its not (lol) .....

StuartO - 2016-11-18 11:49 AMAh well, a fresh start every so often is probably helpful for a thread like this anyway.

I think Trump was very clever winning the election the way he did but I worry that he lacks the qualities to be a good President.  There was an interesting interview of a US politician, not one who expected the offer of any Trump job, when asked how he thought the Presidency would turn out said "corrupt and authoritarian".

I'd say that was fair comment Stuart. You're all grown ups, feel free to debate whatever you want, but remember, this is a Warners forum, not the pub, so there is still some level of responsibility.

Duncan MMM - 2016-11-18 4:17 PM
StuartO - 2016-11-18 11:49 AMAh well, a fresh start every so often is probably helpful for a thread like this anyway.

I'd say that was fair comment Stuart. You're all grown ups, feel free to debate whatever you want, but remember, this is a Warners forum, not the pub, so there is still some level of responsibility.
All grown ups ?? You've not read Bulletguys posts or maybe you have ... Its a shame some can't resist from calling President elect and leader of the free world Sir Donald Trump childish names ... Roll on January

I vote we all go down to the pub. Should be interesting to find out who will get thrown out first. (lol) Veronica

Violet1956 - 2016-11-18 6:49 PM

I vote we all go down to the pub. Should be interesting to find out who will get thrown out first. (lol) Veronica
Prolly Rich Tracker if he downs a couple of lager shandy drinks

antony1969 - 2016-11-18 7:12 PM
Violet1956 - 2016-11-18 6:49 PM

Prolly Rich Tracker if he downs a couple of lager shandy drinks
No, it will be me, especially if I bring me guitar.

pelmetman - 2016-11-18 2:01 PM

Good one!

I hope one of those dodgy foreigners where you are now draws a great big knob on your garden decals! :D

Is knob allowed? 8o|

Barryd999 - 2016-11-18 11:10 PM

pelmetman - 2016-11-18 2:01 PM

Good one!

I hope one of those dodgy foreigners where you are now draws a great big knob on your garden decals! :D

Is knob allowed? 8o|

Not really but I think he posts on here under a different name >:-)

Absolutely shocking ... Lets hope he's not allowed to take up the position ... Shocking

I think there are 75 current lawsuits against Trump. Many are of course nonsense but not all. Is he going to settle all those before January? Could be expensive.

He has been involved in over 4000 lawsuits in his career. That seems like a lot to me even for a billionaire business man. Do you think he might be a bit dodgy? :D

Barryd999 - 2016-11-19 12:25 PM

Do you think he might be a bit dodgy?

Absolutely!

Good innit - after years of politicians claiming to be squeaky clean but far from it in reality here's one who not only is no politician but is openly non-squeaky clean and openly in it for profit.

He can't be any worse than those other self interested dynasties that went before him - can he?

We live in interesting times and no matter all the inconsequential protestations now, time alone will tell.

I think there are 75 current lawsuits against Trump. Many are of course nonsense but not all. Is he going to settle all those before January? Could be expensive.

He has been involved in over 4000 lawsuits in his career. That seems like a lot to me even for a billionaire business man. Do you think he might be a bit dodgy? :D

4000 lawsuits in his career ... Surely must be umpteen successful sexual lawsuits against him in that number ... Got to be ... After all he was portrayed as the devil when it came to women during the election ... Im guessing actually at least a 100 successful sexual lawsuits out of the 4000 lawsuits through his career

antony1969 - 2016-11-19 12:55 PM

4000 lawsuits in his career ... Surely must be umpteen successful sexual lawsuits against him in that number ... Got to be ... After all he was portrayed as the devil when it came to women during the election ... Im guessing actually at least a 100 successful sexual lawsuits out of the 4000 lawsuits through his career

Its not easy for a sexual assault case to be proven against most people but I imagine when you have the sort of money and lawyers Trump will have in the USA you would have to have a pretty solid case to even stand a chance of success. I am not saying of course he has committed any such crime of the sort of course despite there being several claims including one of raping a 13 year old girl.

The tape that was exposed of him discussing grabbing females by the "P" and doing what you like to them kind of said it all for me though. Would you leave your 13 year old daughter alone with him?

I dont know if any of it is true or not or just people wanting to make money out of him and I suspect much of it will be exactly that but lets not pretend he is whiter than white because without doubt he isnt. Neither was Hilary though so it speaks volumes about the USA if those were the only two they could come up with.

Barryd999 - 2016-11-19 1:55 PM

antony1969 - 2016-11-19 12:55 PM

Its not easy for a sexual assault case to be proven against most people but I imagine when you have the sort of money and lawyers Trump will have in the USA you would have to have a pretty solid case to even stand a chance of success. I am not saying of course he has committed any such crime of the sort of course despite there being several claims including one of raping a 13 year old girl.

The tape that was exposed of him discussing grabbing females by the "P" and doing what you like to them kind of said it all for me though. Would you leave your 13 year old daughter alone with him?

I dont know if any of it is true or not or just people wanting to make money out of him and I suspect much of it will be exactly that but lets not pretend he is whiter than white because without doubt he isnt. Neither was Hilary though so it speaks volumes about the USA if those were the only two they could come up with.

He's no angel I'm sure ... Sex offences are very difficult to prove I totally agree ... To be fair I don't believe any of the sex claims ... His locker room talk was just that for me , you need to work in some of the mills I've done repairs on ... The women say much worse trust me and touch and feel at will in my experience ... If I thought he was a sex pest I certainly wouldn't have donated to his campaign like I did

Doubtful. He's just avoiding a court case where he'd have had the unique distinction of being the first President-elect to be impeached!

Five months ago he said "I will win the Trump University case. I already am, as far as I'm concerned. I could have settled that case. I just choose not to."

Some believe he's descended from Heaven to 'save' the world yet wants no part of the Paris agreement over climate change which he claims is pure fiction.....oh, and "windmills are the biggest threat in the US to eagles". https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/509436043368873984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw *-) *-)

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2016-11-19 2:06 PM

He's no angel I'm sure ... Sex offences are very difficult to prove I totally agree ... To be fair I don't believe any of the sex claims ... His locker room talk was just that for me , you need to work in some of the mills I've done repairs on ... The women say much worse trust me and touch and feel at will in my experience ... If I thought he was a sex pest I certainly wouldn't have donated to his campaign like I did

I've no time for this feminist holier than thou tosh *-) ........

Obviously they've never been amongst a load of female hairdresser's, nurse's or WREN's or heard the feedback from a hen night or Anne Summers party 8-) ......

Bulletguy - 2016-11-19 3:58 PM

Doubtful. He's just avoiding a court case where he'd have had the unique distinction of being the first President-elect to be impeached!

Five months ago he said "I will win the Trump University case. I already am, as far as I'm concerned. I could have settled that case. I just choose not to."

Some believe he's descended from Heaven to 'save' the world yet wants no part of the Paris agreement over climate change which he claims is pure fiction.....oh, and "windmills are the biggest threat in the US to eagles". https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/509436043368873984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw *-) *-)

Maybe he did descend from heaven ... The good Lord works in strange ways ... At least he's real ... Some folk murder and commit all sorts of crimes in the name of a fictional peadophile and a lot of others pray to him umpteen times a day ... I know which I'd rather have

pelmetman - 2016-11-19 4:59 PM

Obviously they've never been amongst a load of female hairdresser's, nurse's or WREN's or heard the feedback from a hen night or Anne Summers party 8-) ......

They may say worse and banter is banter but believe me I am no prude and ive certainly experienced a bit of "life" shall we say but the tones and insinuation of what he said to me were at best a bit dodgy and at worse verging on pretty much admitting assault / abuse. It just sounded a bit rapey to me.

If I had been out with any of my friends and somebody had claimed they can just grab who they like by the "P",, do what they like because of who they are etc it would have sent alarm bells ringing to be honest. Nobody I know would talk about women like that and as I said ive not led a sheltered life but I am a big believer in something called consent.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2016-11-19 11:31 PM

pelmetman - 2016-11-19 4:59 PM

They may say worse and banter is banter but believe me I am no prude and ive certainly experienced a bit of "life" shall we say but the tones and insinuation of what he said to me were at best a bit dodgy and at worse verging on pretty much admitting assault / abuse. It just sounded a bit rapey to me.

If I had been out with any of my friends and somebody had claimed they can just grab who they like by the "P",, do what they like because of who they are etc it would have sent alarm bells ringing to be honest. Nobody I know would talk about women like that and as I said ive not led a sheltered life but I am a big believer in something called consent.

So is he worse or better than our own Mr Vaz or Bill Clinton eh? >:-) ........

"Actions speak louder than words" is the saying I believe ;-) .......

Archived