ACSI Camping Card

david lloyd

We preordered our ACSI card through Vicarious Books early October as we may be using the occasional site in Spain over winter and that gets the best rate for a few days - otherwise can get a good rate for several weeks or more.

Vicarious are normally very quick off the mark to post out the preordered books but we haven't received ours yet so wondered if anyone had received theirs?

We depart Tuesday morning and, as we don't have much idea where or when we will be stopping over, it would be difficult to have it sent on. There was an earlier thread which was asking the question why ACSI didn't just have an 'electronic' membership card that you could show at the site on arrival and that is sounding like a really good idea now.

David

PJay - 2016-12-11 9:20 AM

On their Web site , they stated that the date for posting out would be 12th December, so you may not get yours in time.

https://www.vicarious-shop.com/ACSI-CampingCard-2017.html

PJay

Pjay, you're right, so I checked with them before ordering to see what has happened in previous years as the last time we did it they arrived well before the posting date. Although they couldn't give any guarantee it has usually been the week before for the preorders.

This year may be the exception though - hey ho.

David

David , i believe they did arrive earlier last year. If you know where you are going to be , maybe someone could forward to you ? If not , you could probably get one at a site, and sell the other when you get back?

Any way have a lovely time in the sun. We are going up your way, for Xmas, not in van though., so I hope you leave it dry for us, as it usually rains when we go there.

PJay

PJay - 2016-12-11 11:21 AM

David , i believe they did arrive earlier last year. If you know where you are going to be , maybe someone could forward to you ? If not , you could probably get one at a site, and sell the other when you get back?

Any way have a lovely time in the sun. We are going up your way, for Xmas, not in van though., so I hope you leave it dry for us, as it usually rains when we go there.

PJay

Hi Pjay, hope it does stay fine for you - it's a lovely part of the world we live in but the winter weather is our main reason for leaving and heading south!

Sadly, other than our initial destination at an aire on the south coast, we don't really have a plan for when we get to Spain (hence using the ACSI card) so it may be difficult to forward on. I really should have left it and bought one at the first site we stay on as I believe they usually have them in stock. Never mind, we'll see what transpires when we get down there.

Have a great Christmas wherever you land.

David

Usual mess with ACSI for those of us lucky enough to get away early. Once again we have a set delivered to our home address so someone can post just the card to us AND a set to be delivered to the campsite we will be at for Christmas.......................I wouldn't count on the 2017 ones being available in campsites and then being in English.

Please contact them asking for the membership card to be made available earlier (it was me who asked about the online scheme but someone from ACSI actually replied explaining that it would be too complicated.

They have an outdated business model (50 years old the boast about) but rely on their dominant position.There is a little bit of impetus for a change at the moment so the more people that ask the more likely it is to happen.

Webby1 - I do recall your exemplary attempts to get ACSI to be a little more proactive in getting the card to people who set off early in the year. I think I said st the time I would still want the books as we don't always have access to the Internet for an electonic version if that came about but would still hope they could provide an electronic membership card as that would help if I just turned up at a site that was ACSI.

Nothing will change unless people act I suppose so I will email them to ask if such a provision can be made in the future.

David

I took out a subscription with ACSI direct a couple or so years back and they always post them out at beginning of December. I got an email 2 days ago to say it would arrive before Christmas-once again not much good if you're going on Tuesday unfortunately. It only costs €9.95 if subscribed to.

We are heading to Spain in January and would be happy to bring your copy down with us and meet up somewhere with you if you could get someone to post it on to me in Huddersfield.

If you can arrange, pm me for our address

Mike

Mike B. - 2016-12-11 8:16 PM

I took out a subscription with ACSI direct a couple or so years back and they always post them out at beginning of December. I got an email 2 days ago to say it would arrive before Christmas-once again not much good if you're going on Tuesday unfortunately. It only costs €9.95 if subscribed to.

We are heading to Spain in January and would be happy to bring your copy down with us and meet up somewhere with you if you could get someone to post it on to me in Huddersfield.

If you can arrange, pm me for our address

Mike

Thanks very much Mike B - will wait and see what today's post brings and may take you up on you kind offer - will pm if so.

David

Hi, recently received email to say new card was on its way, and bank would be debited.

I could not see any option to cancel the order, as we may not be using acsi next year.

How do I stop them automatically debiting bank.. seems I must have set up the debit last year.

If I receive the card , can I return it and claim a refund.

Tonyg3nwl.

tonyg3nwl - 2016-12-13 9:43 AM

Hi, recently received email to say new card was on its way, and bank would be debited.

I could not see any option to cancel the order, as we may not be using acsi next year.

How do I stop them automatically debiting bank.. seems I must have set up the debit last year.

If I receive the card , can I return it and claim a refund.

Tonyg3nwl.

Hi Tony

I guess you set the DD up with ACSI direct?

I had the same problem with them re the Acsi card, (CCI) . If you go on line, you can cancel your agreement. I think when you buy direct from ACSI it automatically becomes a DD .

It worked for me, they did not send the card last year, as like you we thought we would not use it lasy year. Best to get ACSI from Vicarious, as you only pay when you order, and they send a reminder.

PJay

Steve H - 2016-12-13 10:29 AM

Davis

I believe Vicarious Books are based in Kent. Could you set out earlier and pop in to their shop and pick your copy up on the way to the port/tunnel?

But you'll need to phone first to check they've received them.

Davis

I believe Vicarious Books are based in Kent. Could you set out earlier and pop in to their shop and pick your copy up on the way to the port/tunnel?

Depends where they are leaving from. Not practical if going from Portsmouth

PJay

Yes ours arrived in UK this morning........................unfortunately/fortunately we are in Italy ???

I will try to get someone to e mail........that would be great.............I mean air mail.............. the card out to

us...................anyone any recent experience about how quick air mail is these days

webby1 - 2016-12-13 4:52 PM

Yes ours arrived in UK this morning........................unfortunately/fortunately we are in Italy ???

I will try to get someone to e mail........that would be great.............I mean air mail.............. the card out to

us...................anyone any recent experience about how quick air mail is these days

I used to work for the Post Office in the 1960s and, even then, most mail to Europe would go by air.

Nowadays Royal Mail call air-mail “International Standard Delivery” and the expectation of delivery time to European countries is said to be 3 to 5 working days.

You can get more details (and prices for the various options) here:

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/international-delivery/international-standard

looking on the Vicarious Site, I notice that there is postage to Europe and rest of world. I thought someone said that it was not possible to send outside Uk?

maybe I am getting confused/?

Haven, got ours yet, but then I did not pay for 1st class postage

PJay

Wirralian - 2016-12-14 6:30 PM

Before ordering my ACSI this year I confirmed with Viscarious that they would send it abroad to a camp site address of my choice. I recieved notification from them today that it has been dispatched.

John L

That's brilliant for the lucky people who get away for Xmas and new year,

PJay

Davis

Great idea SteveH - did email them on 12th to ask if I could cancel - said yes at first then a second reply to say it had already gone out. Left before post due on the 13th so it will sit at home until we get back end of March. Unless it can't go through letter box then it will sit for a while at sorting office and I'm not sure they keep mail for 3 months. All in all, a bit is a waste of time and money.

David

david lloyd - 2016-12-20 12:56 PM

Davis

Great idea SteveH - did email them on 12th to ask if I could cancel - said yes at first then a second reply to say it had already gone out. Left before post due on the 13th so it will sit at home until we get back end of March. Unless it can't go through letter box then it will sit for a while at sorting office and I'm not sure they keep mail for 3 months. All in all, a bit is a waste of time and money.

David

Received my ASCI books from Vicarious yesterday (19th Dec & 2nd class post). They were delivered through the letterbox, so you should be OK.

Archived