2005 boxer continually running after ignition turned off

sandsider

Has anyone else had the problem of the engine continuing to run on tickover when the ignition is turned off?

When the ignition was turned back on the engine stopped! The van then started again normally when turnedfurther to starting position, but continued to run when ignition turned fully off again. This sequence happened four times in a row, when I decided I needed to find a wiring diagram.

after failing to find one on the internet, I wentback an hour later armed with a meter, but the fault would not replicate, but concerned that it will occur again.

Any suggestions of where to find an ignition wiring diagram for a 2.2 boxer in a 2005 autocruise would be appreciated.

If your ignition switch has a black tag that can be pushed in, then my Ducato sometimes does the same when turning off and it's something to do with the function of the tag. It's function is explained in the vehicles manual, but I still don't understand what it does...... >:-( .

I try not to accidently push it in when switching off.

HTH

B-)

Thanks for the various suggestions. I've not had chance to give van a run since, just tried starting and stopping engine and all fine.

Oil level ok, though think that problem causes engine revs to increase, which didn't happen.

When fault was occurring, rev counter went to zero when ignitition was turned off, and no ignition lights were on - just engine still on tickover! Still trying to locate a wiring diagram to check as could perhaps be a sticking relay.

Button on ignition is to leave side lights on, as was suggested.

Archived