Whats this Hymer.

gordonaldson

Thought I was up on Hymer's until I partly followed this one around Dumfries bypass around 12 noon today. It was double rear wheeled so I take it Merc chassis. Hymer sign low down at back end. A class of course. But the reg of 2007 confused me as it looked something like 2010 onwards. From the chassis I reckoned 700 but wasn't like 700's I've seen. The most noteable bit about the vehicle was the rear wheels which must have been over 300mm inboard of bodywork. Anyone give a clue to what it was.

Hymer A Class model numbers low down in the rear panel, left hand side, began with the 2007 model year; prior to that the model numbers were graphics above the windscreen in the left side.

These did include some big Mercedes-based MHs and they did look over-bodied from the side but I don't remember them having a particularly overhang outboard of the rear wheels.

Hymer did also make (on a small run basis) a super luxury series of Liner models between around 2009-2011 and these were about 9m long on an Iveco chassis with twin rear wheels and a MAM of 6.7 tons.  But they were high (3.2m) and wide as well as very expensive, so they didn't sell well and were discontinued.  I'm not aware that any were sold in UK but they do appear for sale used from time to time on mobile.de.

I think the best candidate for a big Hymer with a wide rear wheel arch overhang would be the S Class series of 2001-2006, as in this picture or an S830 currently for sale on mobile .de

Hymer A Class model numbers low down in the rear panel, left hand side, began with the 2007 model year; prior to that the model numbers were graphics above the windscreen in the left side.

These did include some big Mercedes-based MHs and they did look over-bodied from the side but I don't remember them having a particularly overhang outboard of the rear wheels.

Hymer did also make (on a small run basis) a super luxury series of Liner models between around 2009-2011 and these were about 9m long on an Iveco chassis with twin rear wheels and a MAM of 6.7 tons.  But they were high (3.2m) and wide as well as very expensive, so they didn't sell well and were discontinued.  I'm not aware that any were sold in UK but they do appear for sale used from time to time on mobile.de.

1058189394_HymerLiner839.jpg.8b08518ba8cd36527c36ee1e051d7005.jpg

Low down left side big writing "Hymer" yes. So I'll go for StuartO, looks same motorhome as well. S820, S840 their on their own for height and defo not one of them. Like this butch 3.0 Litre 516 lump for keeping up with the cars. See many Motorhomes on the bypass, course this is route to the sun (aye right).

And yes well inset like yours Derek.

Archived