Fitting full air suspension on Al-Ko Chassis

Fitting full air suspension on Al-Ko Chassis. Since i planned to do it these are my first experiences. First problem is your alko axle configuration in respect to ride height depending on wheel size and Arch and axle load. And divided in two categories either the axle passes the frame in the middle or under it. In that category you have multiple settings. In case of air on a torsion bar axle the three present bars will be removed and go to the trash bin. Instead two weak holding bars are coming in. Also your swing arms in most cases are going in the bin. And replaced by the one to suit your air bags position. At that point you can check your bearings. Very strange how they fit new swing arms retrofit in these worn our bushes. Some oversize tolerance ? Alko sets positions unloaded in relation to a vertical line which can be before 12 or after. Air suspension is tested to take five times the load. All goldschmitt premium partners i checked them and they just refer to the home site. And i find one in Luxembourg which exactly knows what i am talking about. Travel world in the uk just show products and not a real mounting video. An alko x4 can only be mounted there because they have all the data. To much secrets for all that money. To be continued.

Archived