leisure battery

griz

My leisure battery as packed in all together.Ihave looked at the N C C verified leisure battery scheme.

The problem i have is my old battery was (110ah)and i was looking for one in cat A or B,but there is not

(110ah) one in this category.Is there any problem getting a (115ah) which is in cat B or a (120ah) in cat A.

If you said to me “I need to replace my car that I keep at home in my garage. I want a hatchback model - what should I buy?” I’d start by asking "How much are you prepared to pay for the replacement car and how big is your garage?”

There’s no point trying to select from the NCC Verified Leisure Battery Scheme listings potential replacement leisure-batteries with a similar Ah-capacity to the present one and then find that they will be too large physically to fit in your 2007 Adria Twin motorhome and/or will cost far more than you want to pay.

What I suggest you do is measure the size of your motorhome’s present leisure-battery and then pick one with similar dimensions (and the same terminal layout) from Varta’s “Professional Dual Purpose” LFD range

http://www.varta-automotive.com/en-gb/products/leisure/professional-dual-purpose/

(I suspect that the LFD90 90Ah battery will be the largest that will fit your Adria, as the higher capacity variants are much bigger (and heavier) and have a both-at-one-end terminal layout.)

If you want advice on alternatives, I believe you’ll need to provide details of the present leisure-battery regarding its physical dimensions, make and the product-name if it’s shown on the label. It would also be useful if you could say how you use the vehicle - whether you tend to stay on campsites, ‘wild camp’, go on rallies, etc. - as this might affect the choice.

As a previous purchaser of a banner energy bull battery which is NCC certified. I would never trust this scheme again as the Banner failed after only two years of light use and i am not alone. So I took the advise from aandncaravan and after some additional research purchased two Varta lfd90 batteries so I would not limit myself to the NCC scheme if I were you.

One problem with the NCC scheme is it only lists batteries which have been submitted by the manufacturer. In other words if a manufacturer hasn't submitted a battery then it won't be listed!

I agree with previous comments on Varta LFD90, I have been using one for over five years now with very good results.

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/VARTA-Leisure-Batteries-New-Range/25243/

Keith.

Dr Dave - 2017-01-24 7:01 PM

As a previous purchaser of a banner energy bull battery which is NCC certified. I would never trust this scheme again as the Banner failed after only two years of light use and i am not alone. So I took the advise from aandncaravan and after some additional research purchased two Varta lfd90 batteries so I would not limit myself to the NCC scheme if I were you.

Totally agree the NCC is funded by manufacturers and dealers to meet their own needs.

As for Banner Batteries biggest battery crap out there, my AGM's failed after 18 months and they don't honor their warranty.

Archived