Travel insurance for uk touring

tonyg3nwl

Hi folks,

Has anyone any suggestions for travel insurance when touring in uk.

When abroad , we have used for example the Red Pennant from Caravan Club, but this doesnt seem to be appliccable to uk only touring..

One concern for instance , would be how does other half get back home in event of total incapacity of main driver. Bearing in mind the associated emotional distress that would be caused.

Health insurance, recovery of vehicle and belongings, even bereavement could cause serious problems, particularly if vehicle was disabled.

Does anyone seek or use that type of holiday cover.. where is it available.?

Tonyg3nwl

Tony, Have you checked your MH insurance?

i can't see how being in MH is any different to going visiting (Family/Friends) in your car. We had an accident in Yorkshire , and our insurance covered us to get home (Hire Car) , The other persons insurers (His Fault) did suggest after the event, that why did we not travel by train?? Probably would have cost more any way, Yorkshire to Hampshire between Xmas and New Year. if any trains had been running.

I jhave never thought of insurance for home travel

Hi Tony,

We don't have specific Travel insurance for in the UK but do have breakdown cover with RAC through the C&CC Arrival scheme and this would cover repatriation of the vehicle.

One thing to be very aware of is whether your OH is covered by the MH insurance or not. If she is on the insurance then, if the MH is driveable, she would be expected to drive it home and repatriation would not apply. For exactly this reason I am the sole driver of our MH, it did put the premium up by circa 10% but IMO worth paying.

Keith.

Archived