Truma Combi 6E

jobboyce

Having spent the kids inheritance upgrading to a New Motorhome it has come with the latest Trum Combi boiler. Is it me? but when we set the Time Clock to bring the heating on and off the flashing clock symbol that says it is on Timed comes on and off but the heating stays on.

The other bit that concerns me is the Frost Protection on the drain valve which pops out at between 6&7 degs, that summer in the UK !!

(the dealer could not explain how to set the clock never mind what is happening)

We would be grateful to any one who can explain how it works or not in simple everyday language.

job&boyce - 2017-02-19 6:54 PM

Having spent the kids inheritance upgrading to a New Motorhome it has come with the latest Trum Combi boiler. Is it me? but when we set the Time Clock to bring the heating on and off the flashing clock symbol that says it is on Timed comes on and off but the heating stays on.

The other bit that concerns me is the Frost Protection on the drain valve which pops out at between 6&7 degs, that summer in the UK !!

(the dealer could not explain how to set the clock never mind what is happening)

We would be grateful to any one who can explain how it works or not in simple everyday language.

Truma instructions for the CP Plus are useless have a look on youtube a couple of good videos on there.

Frost protection vale shouldn't dump until down to 3 deg, if it is dumping at 6 or 7 you may have a faulty valve.

We have the same set-up and if you haven't seen the Truma CP Plus panel video here is the link

Just a thought and I know you may think it impolite to question you but when you set up the timed heating and hot water you haven't done it the normal way for continuous heating and hot water first and then set up the timed afterwards ? When setting up timed you set up the heating after you input the on / off times then you do the same for the hot water. I have not tried it myself but you may be able to set the heating on continuous and then set up again using the timer facility and this might give the symptoms you seem to have.

Alan

Thanks Lenny, we thought it was just us regarding the Truma book, but we are not stupid but found it hard work to follow.

Just had a look at the Video on UTube that Alan posted and thing are clearer now, we will have a play at home and see how we go on.

Thanks again Bob & Joyce

job&boyce - 2017-02-19 6:54 PM

...The other bit that concerns me is the Frost Protection on the drain valve which pops out at between 6&7 degs, that summer in the UK !!...

As lennyhb has advised, a Truma FrostControl safety/drain valve should only open If the temperature at the safety/drain valve is below about 3°C. An open FrostControl valve cannot be closed manually if the temperature at the valve is lower than about 7°C.

FrostControl valves are not cheap and (unlike the earlier electrically-operated valve) cannot be ‘jammed’ closed easily. Suggest you ask your dealer to fit a replacement valve under warranty.

job&boyce - 2017-02-20 8:02 AM

Thanks Lenny, we thought it was just us regarding the Truma book, but we are not stupid but found it hard work to follow.

Just had a look at the Video on UTube that Alan posted and thing are clearer now, we will have a play at home and see how we go on.

Thanks again Bob & Joyce

One of the simplest error you often make when adjusting the setting is not pressing the control knob after each action. Once you get the hang of it is quite good but has it's limitations a bit of a poor effort by Truma.

As the hot water takes ages to heat with the heating on, I set the timer to turn on about ½ hour before I want the heating on and set the hot water to boost. The boost setting overrides the heating and the heat doesn't turn on until the water is up to temperature.

Other things I find annoying is there is no on/off switches for heat & water each time you turn it on you have to set the temp & when you turn it off have to select it then turn temp down. Last week I was working in the van I managed to leave the heating running for 3 days, not for the first time. :'(

Hi

Not had my 6E auto-empty when actually using the van. I have used it down to an outside temp of -10 without issues, and this is in a PVC. If its below zero, then when I go out, goto bed, I tend to leave it set to water 40C, temp 10C

I usually set the timer to come on an hour before I intend to get up, generally I will use the boost, 20C, ECO settings.

On my 6E, using 'Boost' for the water cuts out the heating totally, boost lasts for 45mins before going back to 60C. This means that setting it an hour before I get up gives piping hot water, followed by 15mins of blown air to warm the van up. My motorhoming generally involves heading out into the hills for about 8AM, so I set the timer to go off at 8AM, when it goes off, it then reverts to the 40C water 10C temp setting all day.

Sometimes I also set it for water boost only an hour before I expect to arrive back to save waiting for a shower.

Wish there was a wifi module for the truma, the van has wifi via a permanent external antenna, would be nice to be able to control it from a phone app from a mountain top to heat up the water. Given the remote area's I visit, the truma bluetooth/cellular offering would rarely work for me.

Nigel

Archived