Peak Leisure Ashbourne

Hazy Baby

Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know what has happened to Peak Leisure the motorhome dealer based in Ashbourne Derbyshire? Just before Christmas we booked our Laika in for a habitation service this coming Monday - early as they had an offer on - but we've tried to contact by phone to confirm and there's no reply and their webisite has disappeared! Obviously not good news.......!

Keithl - 2017-02-24 6:25 PM

I think you may have meant Peak Leisure Vehicles in Ashbourne...

http://www.peakleisurevehicles.co.uk/

But their website now says 'WEBSITE DISABLED' so it appears they may no longer be trading.

Keith.

You're right Keith - I did! Yes, looks as if they've gone! We'll book local and then have to take the Laika back to Southdowns in Portsmouth if damp found to get any work done under warranty. Much further for us but we knew we may have to do this when we bought the Laika new from them. It's been worth it - so far anyway!!

Hazy Baby - 2017-02-24 9:03 PM

Thanks Robin! This explains it all then. A shame as we had good service from them and its always a pity when a family company goes bust.

...indeed, though there appears to be an interesting recent change of Directorships - one of which rings a few warning bells with me, unless I am rather over-interpreting!

Keith T - 2017-02-24 11:02 PM

Might be worth checking out to see if there is (was) any connection between the two similarly named companies who seems to be trading in much the same products and geographically are very close to each other?

May just do this Keith but we were always under the impression that PLV were a stand alone family business. Will ring others later to confirm or otherwise.

Robinhood - 2017-02-25 9:01 AM

Hazy Baby - 2017-02-24 9:03 PM

Thanks Robin! This explains it all then. A shame as we had good service from them and its always a pity when a family company goes bust.

...indeed, though there appears to be an interesting recent change of Directorships - one of which rings a few warning bells with me, unless I am rather over-interpreting!

Ooh! Tell me more Robin! I'm not savvy in this sort of investigation! A dodgy director of late? Not that it makes any difference........the Laika has to go elsewhere!

Hazy Baby - 2017-02-25 9:11 AM

Ooh! Tell me more Robin! I'm not savvy in this sort of investigation! A dodgy director of late? Not that it makes any difference........the Laika has to go elsewhere!

..I think the least said the better. as I may well be putting two and two together and making five, and I suspect Warners wouldn't want such a conjectural discussion going on on their forum..

It is relatively easy to find Company history by searching on the Company name and/or number - 06025941 - and then people can make their own judgement..

;-)

BTW, the other "Peak Leisure" company has no obvious connection.

Robinhood - 2017-02-25 9:42 AM

Hazy Baby - 2017-02-25 9:11 AM

..I think the least said the better. as I may well be putting two and two together and making five, and I suspect Warners wouldn't want such a conjectural discussion going on on their forum..

It is relatively easy to find Company history by searching on the Company name and/or number - 06025941 - and then people can make their own judgement..

;-)

BTW, the other "Peak Leisure" company has no obvious connection.

Thanks Robin. As you say the others have no connection - obviously given their location Peak Leisure is a common name! So, the Laika will go to a local dealer for service and I'll contact the manufacturer re the warranty issues.

paulmold - 2017-02-27 4:53 PM

There is a new company in Ashbourne, Venture Vehicles, formed in January, could they be linked in some way?

This company is on the same industrial estate as Peak Leisure Vehcicles was but I think it is just coincidence that they started up in January. Also they seem to sell second hand cars and caravans so no help to us at all!! We've booked the Laika in locally for next week and have contacted the manufacturer with our tale of woe...........As I've said its a shame all round as we had good service from PLV.

PLV were a big Autocruise dealership before Swift took Autocruise over, Autocruise were my Favourite Coachbuilt motorhomes after Autosleeper monocoques, all gone now showing my age.

So many dealerships now gone, many after being taken over in misguided expansion , Harringtons, Mendip, Barrons all came under the Discover Leisure Banner..which promptly folded taking customers deposits and many jobs with it. SO, do i view take overs like the latest Autosleeper, Adria take overs with excitement ? No, experience points to less not more.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Keith and Joe for these updates. Re Camper U.K. being a Laika agent - I have been on their web site previously and they dont list any of the brand either new or second hand or indeed mention Laika anywhere. I think I'll give them a ring this afternoon! Btw the motorhome passed its habitation service including water ingress but as we had it done at a non agent the warranty on the ingress issue is not covered. If we have a separate water ingress test done at a Laika agent before 1st June we are covered - we've until 2019 with this warranty. Watch this space.........

Archived