Extra pension at 80

PJay

For any one approaching 80 years old, i wonder if you have thought how you will spend your increase in pension ?

The current rate is 26 PENCE a week!!

What can you buy for 26p? It won't even get you a cup of tea, or a postage stamp to write to your loved ones ( that is for those not computer users (and believe me there are some around)

Thoughts from the young ones?

With pension ages going up, maybe you will have to wait to 90?

PJay

Guest pelmetman
PJay - 2017-02-27 9:45 AM

For any one approaching 80 years old, i wonder if you have thought how you will spend your increase in pension ?

I'll let you know in 21 years time Pauline ;-) ......

If I make it 8-) .......

This living the life of Reilly is taking its toll :-S .........

Be lucky to get a state pension when there is nothing in the kitty but a growing pile of debts to sustain more older people kept alive for longer by increasingly expensive NHS treatments.

Some politicians will promise anything to get the Grey Vote at the next election. Having the money to follow it through after that is another matter :-S

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-02-27 2:00 PM

Be lucky to get a state pension when there is nothing in the kitty but a growing pile of debts to sustain more older people kept alive for longer by increasingly expensive NHS treatments.

Some politicians will promise anything to get the Grey Vote at the next election. Having the money to follow it through after that is another matter :-S

What a cheerful soul you are John :D ........

You need to get some winter sun to cheer you up.......BTW another nice sunny day here in BREXIT on Sea B-) .......

i feel sorry for you younger ones (my own kids included )

The pension probably will not be worth having .

Dave Don't think I will be around in 21 years time!!

Still in Calpe then. We still hope to get away by April , but you may be back by then.

Just enjoy what you have, while you can. You don't know what is round the corner.

Sadly going to a funeral on Thursday, of my friends son aged 46!! Was a fit father of 2 youngster

PJay

PJay - 2017-02-27 3:00 PM

i feel sorry for you younger ones (my own kids included )

The pension probably will not be worth having .

Dave Don't think I will be around in 21 years time!!

Still in Calpe then. We still hope to get away by April , but you may be back by then.

Just enjoy what you have, while you can. You don't know what is round the corner.

Sadly going to a funeral on Thursday, of my friends son aged 46!! Was a fit father of 2 youngster

PJay

How true that is!

One of my mates took the chance of early retirement at 53 with redundancy and index linked pension (ex-teacher). Bought a campervan to further pursue his hobby of military aircraft photography as well as enjoying unlimited time away.

A few years later he suffered a major stroke which put paid to the photography plus driving. Luckily his wife took on driving the camper. Recovering from his stroke he then gets hit with heart issues and had to have a pacemaker fitted. As if all that wasn't enough, he's now battling cancer.

hi,

Acouple of really sad stories here, the ones that make you think you should enjoy yourself and as they say 'spend the kids inheritance'. Trouble is I believe like a few on here that our children are going to find it very hard in their later lives. How can most of them afford to put what is recommended in to a Pension Pot or Plan with wages low and not rising. Most of us older have savings and property but I would feel really guilty if I blew it all and not catered in some way for the kids.The WHOLE system needs changing somehow not just tinkering with bits now and then.

cheers

derek

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-02-28 10:32 PM

pelmetman - 2017-02-27 2:42 PM

another nice sunny day here in BREXIT on Sea B-) .......

So you've moved on from Calpe then (lol)

No......Its just that almost everyone who has mentioned BREXIT...... voted to leave B-) ...........

Archived