Truma "Gas Outdoor Socket"(BBQ point)- Recall..

pepe63xnotuse

Well done Derek. Be Aware that LPG tends to attack soft seals more than propane. In case of a propane bottle connection use the small plastic key to reach gas tight seal. Never use a metal tool.That tool can damage the seal by too much compression. To be sure spray a soapy solution to see the bubbles. Or use a gas leak detection instrument.Anyway close the gas supply valves and pull out 230 volt supply. And the 12 volt at the main board not just the control panel. Confined spaces filled whit propane are very difficult to ventilate. It is flammable between 30 to 70 percent concentration in relation to air. Called their lower and upper explosion limits. An explosion is just rapid burning. Not the same detonation.

Speaking about gas. The next motor home generation will be running on high pressure hydrogen gas tanks instead of diesel.Being a fuel cell car.No non green battery.But still electric propulsion whit instant torque on the wheels and no gearbox. Driven by a robot and drinking tea in the saloon. Hydrogen is very flammable but it is much lighter than air.Proven by the zeppelin balloon in New York. How ever the engines fired and people panicked and pulled out. But the flame front of the hydrogen gas was above them.

Derek Uzzell - 2017-03-07 1:50 PM

I’ve edited my own posting to include (below) the recall information on Truma UK’s website

https://www.truma.com/uk/en/press-events/safety-information-valves.php?emst=Btppyk6be4_2831_1812426_2

(I’ve also’ sticky'-ed this thread to the top of the 1st page of the Motorhome Matters forum where it will stay visible.)

Mornin' Derek

Sorry, I had missed that this recall had already been highlighted a few weeks back. :$

As the topic is going to be "sticky-ed", please feel free to delete my post (with it's third-party links) and just use one containing your direct, Truma link..?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi whilst checking to see if our gas point was one of those affected the cover flap broke at the hinge. Does anyone know if I need to buy the whole unit or can I just get the white plastic part. I hate plastic fittings!! Our van is only 18months old.

thanks for any help.

Dave in Kendal - 2017-03-13 10:12 AM

Do you know whether this just applies to external gas BBQ points manufactured in 2016 and 2017?

Hi Dave,

It does appear to be only 2016 and 2017, follow the Truma link in Derek's post above for full details.

Keith.

• 2 weeks later...

I struggled with the code number they were referring to on the brass ring, so emailed Truma safety services. They were extremely helpful (Lucy). Asked me for the full set of digits and letters on the brass ring, and confirmed within minutes mine was OK.

If in doubt email them, great service, well done Truma

Archived