Madrid

johnfromnorfolk

Hi, I stayed at Camping Osuna four years ago for couple of nights.As with most continental campsites you can be a bit close to your neighbour and the gardener is on minimal hours. The toilets /showers were ok and there was free wifi at reception. The big plus is its location, two minute drive from the motorway and a five/six minute walk from the metro station with the route straight to the city centre.

Regards David

We have stayed at ARANJUEZ ACSI site 2926. Lovely town with Palace, Gardens, Fountains, Train direct to Madrid. Site Ok, a bit run down when we stayed, as a fair number of permanents it was about 4 years ago., so may have improved 19 euros in ACSI, so hopefully it has.

Between Madrid and Toledo Free WiFi Easy walk through the gardens for the town

PJay

We also stayed at Camping Osuna good location for the city shortish walk to the Metro direct to the centre. If you have time, go to Aranjuez as mentioned theres an ACSI site in town. Also near by although not for everbody is the less publicised Valley of the Fallen where Franco is buried along with others from the civil war. Interesting place.

El Escorial is also near by but we couldnt find any where to stop so not been yet.

Brian K

Hi

Aranjuez is a lovely site, we have stayed there half a dozen times in the last 7 years and never had any cause for complaint. It is a nice walk through the park to the town and a trip to the barge museum is a real treat. The Royal Palace is exceptional and there is a good sized Mercadona less than a mile away.

We have also stayed at Escorial but most facilities were closed when we were there in February. We could not find out about transport when we were there and it is quite a walk from the campsite to the end of the drive.

Definitely a vote for Aranjuez.

Bob

If you use Aranjuez - and I also recommend that you do - one day a week you can get into the Royal Palace for free as long as you bring your passport. Ask at reception for the free day for pensioners or failing that there is a Tourist Information Centre in a cloistered buiding that forms part of the Palace complex. They can also give you bus and train timetables. I think the free day entry to the Palace is on a Wednesday but am not entirely sure. It is a good 25 minutes pleasant walk to the station through the park which forms part of the original Palace grounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also recommend Aranjuez as well-not only for access to Madrid but the town itself is well worth a stop for couple of days too.

Nice site with helpful staff and well placed.

Mike

PS Wouldn't go in January-it was -9 at night this year!!!

Archived