Recognise this valve ?

malc d

One of the plastic ' handles ' on a drain valve, on my 2003 Murvi Morello, split this morning and I've been trying to identify the make of the valve.

I've had a quick surf but haven't come across anything like it yet, but it seems likely someone on the forum may know what make it is.

( I can probably open / close the valve now with a pair of pliers - but would like to know where I could get one ' just in case' )

Cheers

1622983893_VALVEhw5.jpg.c7317fe210ebd97be114c6357abe37a5.jpg

...it looks more like it is internally threaded, so a bit more like this:

http://leisurelines.net/38-bsp-female-thread-inline-tap-4318-p.asp

(they also do a 1/2 inch version).

If it is simply the plastic lever that has gone, and the spindle turns easily with pliers, then you may be able to adapt the lever that comes with a standard washing-machine isolation tap (which are a bit like Keith has posted, though you may have to shave a bit of plastic off) which would save replacing the valve.

Alternatively, Google "chrome mini ball valve" and it will come up with results like this:

https://www.allvalves.co.uk/actuated-valves/m-x-f-thumbgrip-chrome-mini-ball-valve

It is, as Robin says above, a ball valve (a type of shut-off valve), often called a Ballofix valve. They are commonly available in a variety of sizes.

You should be able to find something with a similar operating lever you can swap over in a B&Q or similar DIY shop, or Screwfix, or a plumber's merchant. Probably easier to get a new valve and swap-in the lever, than to swap-in the whole valve, I'd guess.

Thanks a lot gents - successfully fixed.

The valves are a bit difficult to get down to - and looked smaller than the usual isolating valves that I've used for DIY plumbing.

However, as suggested, the plastic lever from a standard 15 mm valve fitted o.k.

Luckily I have quite a few ' spare ' bits and pieces from years of pottering, and found a redundant valve from which I took the lever.

( Once again, my policy of never throwing anything away, has paid off ).

;-)

Archived