Trumatic S3002 Gas Fire

Fiat Ducato

Just got back from a trip in our motorhome and we had a couple of cold nights were I wanted to put the fire on. However it lit straight away no problems, nice blue flame but as soon I let go of the knob or tried to turn it. The flame went out, tried for about half an hour trying to keep it a light. Any ideas of what could be causing this.

Most likely cause is the thermocouple, less likely is the gas valve.

The tip of the thermocouple must be in the flame of the pilot light to keep the gas valve open, if not then the gas valve will fail to hold and the flame goes out as you are experiencing.

Try replacing the thermocouple first.

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/gas/caravan-gas-fires/truma-fires/trumatic-s5002-gas-heater-spare-parts/thermocouple-trumatic-s3002-and-s5002

You may find this cheaper elsewhere, this was the first I found.

Keith.

If it is lighting when you hold the knob in then gas supply is fine (IMO).

Your problem is the 'fail safe' is not holding the gas valve open once the pilot has lit. Again IMO the only things that cause this problem are the thermocouple or the gas valve itself. Try the simplest first, the thermocouple.

Keith.

Edit to add, check the tip of the thermocouple is actually in the flame, if not then it will cause your problem.

Archived