Snap Election 8 June

John52

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

Yippee B-) ........As new Tory voter I can't wait :D ......

I can see its going to be a two horse race to see who's gonna lose the most votes.... Labour or Lib dems (lol) ........

The woman is on another planet.

She said her reason for calling it is, "The country is coming together but Westminster is not."

(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol) 8-)

The country has never been more divided than since Brexit!! Obviously she's airbrushed out all the wild claims made by Brexit (remember May 'posed' as a Remainer), the rampant xenophobia and race hate which followed, the plunging pound, the continuing uncertainty EU citizens resident and working in UK face......that doesn't sound like "a country coming together" at all to me!!!

I know where my X is going and it won't be in the Tory or UKIP box.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-04-18 1:12 PM

She said her reason for calling it is, "The country is coming together but Westminster is not."

(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol) 8-)

The country has never been more divided than since Brexit!! Obviously she's airbrushed out all the wild claims made by Brexit (remember May 'posed' as a Remainer), the rampant xenophobia and race hate which followed, the plunging pound, the continuing uncertainty EU citizens resident and working in UK face......that doesn't sound like "a country coming together" at all to me!!!

Your probably right......or should I say left behind, right at the back with the no hoper's :D .......As she said, or words to that effect..... she needs to clear out the Remoaner whingers >:-) ..........

Tally ho Theresa.........To BREXIT and BEYOND B-) ........

Bulletguy - 2017-04-18 1:12 PM

(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol) 8-)

I think this could be her mistake. As you say the country is STILL divided and this will become a Brexit election. In effect almost a second referendum. She wont lose of course (well never say never) but I think it could well backfire if she thinks the country is no longer divided.

Its not like she hasnt been open about the reasons either which are basically to silence those with power that wish to make sure the swivel eyed loons of the Tories do not run us off a cliff are done away with.

Perhaps the young will surprise us this time by actually turning up to vote and a year on there will be a fair few more eligible voters now as well that could not vote in the referendum.

If you want more swivel eyed loons turning our country into a tax dodgers paradise and dictatorship and calling for a hard brexit then vote Tory!

Ive always voted Tory all my life believe it or not although Ive always been close to centre. I never will again though, especially now. I wont be the only one.

What I find odd is she's giving up, on the face of it, a highly likely win in 2020, so remaining in power until 2025. Against going now for a very likely, almost certain win to stay in power until 2022. The Labour leadership will have changed by then and risk losing in 2022, especially if Brexit goes pear shaped.

I guess it's all about probability, and cashing in your chips now while she can. Interesting times, I can feel a bet coming on for 2022.

starvin marvin - 2017-04-18 3:07 PM

What I find odd is she's giving up, on the face of it, a highly likely win in 2020, so remaining in power until 2025. Against going now for a very likely, almost certain win to stay in power until 2022. The Labour leadership will have changed by then and risk losing in 2022, especially if Brexit goes pear shaped.

I guess it's all about probability, and cashing in your chips now while she can. Interesting times, I can feel a bet coming on for 2022.

Cameron called the Brexit vote, expecting a remain win that would silence the Brexiteers in his party.

Obviously he was completely unprepared for the result, and the Tory party is as divided as ever - leaving TM with an impossible job. An increased majority would make her job easier. But easier still would be in opposition sniping from the sidelines and blaming Brexit on someone else. . :-S

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2017-04-18 1:33 PM

I think this could be her mistake. As you say the country is STILL divided and this will become a Brexit election. In effect almost a second referendum. She wont lose of course (well never say never) but I think it could well backfire if she thinks the country is no longer divided.

Its not like she hasnt been open about the reasons either which are basically to silence those with power that wish to make sure the swivel eyed loons of the Tories do not run us off a cliff are done away with.

Perhaps the young will surprise us this time by actually turning up to vote and a year on there will be a fair few more eligible voters now as well that could not vote in the referendum.

If you want more swivel eyed loons turning our country into a tax dodgers paradise and dictatorship and calling for a hard brexit then vote Tory!

Ive always voted Tory all my life believe it or not although Ive always been close to centre. I never will again though, especially now. I wont be the only one.

Looks like all that RemOAner bitching has paid off big time for us Brexiteers B-) ...........

So Barry which losers are you gonna vote for? :D .........

pelmetman - 2017-04-18 3:26 PM

Looks like all that RemOAner bitching has paid off big time for us Brexiteers B-) ...........

Too early to say Dave but like millions of others that maybe voted Tory in the past but didnt back Brexit it wont be TM. Anyone who backs a party that will willingly it seems pull us out of the single market and Customs Union wants their bumps feeling.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2017-04-18 5:14 PM

Too early to say Dave but like millions of others that maybe voted Tory in the past but didnt back Brexit it wont be TM. Anyone who backs a party that will willingly it seems pull us out of the single market and Customs Union wants their bumps feeling.

With a 21 point lead in the polls I'd say your not accepting reality ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2017-04-18 5:21 PM

With a 21 point lead in the polls I'd say your not accepting reality ;-) .........

Barry'll go Faggot ... Like a good few of the sours I reckon ... That 21 point lead ... Polls generally show the Tories doing worse than the result ... Could be a big win ... Will a big win shut the whinging ??? ... Will it hell

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-04-18 5:27 PM

Barry'll go Faggot ... Like a good few of the sours I reckon ... That 21 point lead ... Polls generally show the Tories doing worse than the result ... Could be a big win ... Will a big win shut the whinging ??? ... Will it hell

Yeah......but they'll no longer be important ;-) .........Just impotent :D ........

pelmetman - 2017-04-18 5:31 PM

antony1969 - 2017-04-18 5:27 PM

Yeah......but they'll no longer be important ;-) .........Just impotent :D ........

Bit like Barry then

The current numbers reported in the polls are quite meaningless. They were compiled before the announcement of the election, and are invalid as a representation of their intentions in the current situation. They reflect what people were thinking about when interviewed - about such issues as the NHS, crime, housing crisis, and the economy. .

They do not reflect what people will be voting about - the main issue will be Brexit. I see this election as being treated by the electorate as a brexit referendum rerun Osborne's assertion that Brexit would lead to a fall in house prices probably swung the result in favour of Brexit but it hasn't materialised. Then there were all the promises made by the Brexiteers that have already been shown to be false. People may well change their allegiance to a candidate that offers a softer Brexit, or no Brexit at all.

I am not saying the Tories wont win but that their plan to sweep away those that want to see a soft Brexit and who are cluttering up the path of the hard line Fruitloops who want Brexit Armageddon may well backfire. On another forum there are a fair few Tory Voters (myself included) who have come out already saying they will no longer vote Tory because of Brexit and the parties intentions. Ive yet to see any labour or lib dem voters say the opposite.

I hear tonight as well is TM is so convinced of her easy victory that she isnt going to even bother taking part in TV debates. Great! We can do them without her. I think she should have learned from Camerons mistakes of underestimating the public. Truth will out soon though and we will see how much support there is for Brexit soon enough. I cant wait to see whats on the big red bus this time.

You remainers make me laugh you have been out manoeuvred on every front. Theresa knew that there would be a legal defence about article 50 but would look incompetent going to the Law to get permission so let the remainers initiate the event having already obtained the parliamentary vote to initiate it and the government put up a poor defence to ensure that it was encompassed in law.

Trump has also used the same manoeuvre to ensure that if ( and I hope it never happens) a terrorist attack occurs in the US he can hold his hands up and say I tried to stop them but the judiciary blocked me. You can't see the wood for the trees.

The only down side is that my UKIP vote will be for the Tories to ensure that a larger than 4% vote will shut you up. John *-) :-D

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2017-04-18 8:49 PM

I am not saying the Tories wont win but that their plan to sweep away those that want to see a soft Brexit and who are cluttering up the path of the hard line Fruitloops who want Brexit Armageddon may well backfire. On another forum there are a fair few Tory Voters (myself included) who have come out already saying they will no longer vote Tory because of Brexit and the parties intentions. Ive yet to see any labour or lib dem voters say the opposite.

I hear tonight as well is TM is so convinced of her easy victory that she isnt going to even bother taking part in TV debates. Great! We can do them without her. I think she should have learned from Camerons mistakes of underestimating the public. Truth will out soon though and we will see how much support there is for Brexit soon enough. I cant wait to see whats on the big red bus this time.

The polls for the referendum were neck and neck all the way to the vote Barry ;-) ........

Current polls re peoples voting intentions put the Tories 21 points in the lead B-) ........

Do you really think now that the Sainted Theresa has actually called an election, they are going to change their minds? (lol) ......

You're very much mistaken Barry...... us Brexiteers are gagging for it >:-) .........

I find it interesting that the 'remain' side of the issue appear to be intent on giving their vote to the LibDems in all probability but wherever it goes it certainly, from posts here, won't be the Tories.  Now this is where the Brexit thing confuses me.......those who voted 'remain' and blame those of us who voted 'out' for stealing the younger generations future seem intent on voting for the party, led by that opportunist (do anything to get his Europhile hands on the reins of power)turncoat Clegg who sold out on the student fees issue.  In doing so he loaded almost every university student with debts of somewhere in the region of £44,000 according to the FT back in July 2016.  Now looking at the repayments required I would hazard a guess that aspirations of house ownership for those graduates has taken a bit of a battering because of their already huge indebtedness.  I wonder how we/my/our generation, anyone entering the workplace prior to this massive hike in debt would feel starting out on what is already life's hard path with debts of over £40,000 before they start to live??

Clegg could have stopped the implementation had he the will to do so but clearly 'power' was more important.

Now to me voting for the party that really did consciously and clearly 'lie and cheat'  directly to the countries future workforce, sacrificing them knowingly on the altar of self interest is something that I find impossible to reconcile.

teflon2 - 2017-04-18 9:23 PM

You remainers make me laugh you have been out manoeuvred on every front. Theresa knew that there would be a legal defence about article 50 but would look incompetent going to the Law to get permission so let the remainers initiate the event having already obtained the parliamentary vote to initiate it and the government put up a poor defence to ensure that it was encompassed in law.

Trump has also used the same manoeuvre to ensure that if ( and I hope it never happens) a terrorist attack occurs in the US he can hold his hands up and say I tried to stop them but the judiciary blocked me. You can't see the wood for the trees.

The only down side is that my UKIP vote will be for the Tories to ensure that a larger than 4% vote will shut you up. John *-) :-D

If that really was the case John then you should be asking yourself why Brexiters went into a raging frothing at the mouth fury over Gina Miller and the Supreme Court Article 50, not to mention the Wail rag screeching "Enemies of the People", utterly disgraceful behaviour by the media towards our own judiciary which only a few months prior, Brexiters had been telling everyone that's what they wanted.....British laws for British being decided in British courts.....but the first taste you lot got you threw your toys out the pram!!

As for Trump and terrorism you do realise that what attacks they have had have all, apart from 9/11, been from US citizens! 15 of the 19 terrorists involved in 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia.......the one country which Trump completely ignored over his Muslim travel ban and is still not on his revised list either! Of course, not only does the US import vast quantities of oil at mega cheap prices from Saudi, it also has a huge raft of business empires based there minting serious money.

Incidentally this is a General election, not a referendum. And you didn't achieve a 4% majority in the referendum either, it was 3.78%.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pelmetman

Looks like the Sainted Theresa is not only a bloody awkward woman...... she's got balls to B-) .........

pelmetman - 2017-05-03 10:14 PM

Looks like the Sainted Theresa is not only a bloody awkward woman...... she's got balls to B-) .........

Looks more like she's losing it big time. Not sure she'll make it to 8th June without psychiatric intervention.

Archived