Tory MP......gone!

Bulletguy

Andrew Turner Tory MP for Isle of Wight since 2001 was invited to a local Gay Pride event but turned it down writing on his Facebook site he never intended going "because homosexuality is 'wrong' and 'dangerous to society'." :-S

He's not standing for re-election now.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/andrew-turner-tory-mp-stand-down-calling-homosexuality-danger-society-a7708671.html

Guest pelmetman

.....and the scores on the doors are? ;-) .......

13 Labour.....5 Tory.....1 Lib Dem.....1 UKIP .....

Hopefully come June the 8th they'll be plenty more ex Labour MP's B-) .......

John52 - 2017-04-29 8:40 PM

Tracker - 2017-04-29 6:37 PM

Ah, but never forget it's only news when a Tory MP quits!

Its news because of what he said about Gays.

Yep....and a pretty crass thing to post it on Facebook! He should have learned from that other social meeja clown, Trump!

Not being on twitter/facebook, or any other. I think that Social media, is more "Un social Media"

Why would you want every one to know what you are doing? Or what others are doing ?

i guess these sites are like the "old" way of gossip, Over the garden fence!

PJay

PJay - 2017-04-30 9:31 AM

Not being on twitter/facebook, or any other. I think that Social media, is more "Un social Media"

Why would you want every one to know what you are doing? Or what others are doing ?

PJay

I have accounts for both but use Twitter to look at any "breaking news" items and FB mainly to keep in touch with friends of mine. Twitter is now used by Police forces throughout Europe who all have accounts, eg, when the Berlin attack happened they were giving running updates in German and English.

With the massive use of smartphone technology, Police know it's the fastest way to get information out to the public. All major media such as BBC etc also use it. I'm among the few who don't have a smartphone....i own what people like to call a "dumb phone"! It does me for what i want, costs a heck of a lot less to buy and run, plus won't ever get nicked!

The downside of social media is obvious. It's wide open to blatant abuse, draws in the teeny lot who whack off inane 'one liner' messages about where they are or what they are doing whilst FB appeals to the batty 'selfie' lot obsessed with 'me,me, me' or snowflakes posting about how they've been 'insulted' or 'hurt' by shop owners or bus drivers telling them to curb their PDA (public displays of affection). They love their five minutes of fame but ultimately seeking 'compo'.

The other bad side to it is stalking and Channel 4 recently screened a three part documentary about it. Real scary sh*t and there are some serious wacko's out there. One guy found himself the target of two thugs hired to kill him by the jealous ex-boyfriend of a girl he was seeing. They very nearly succeeded too.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-online-nightmare

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2017-04-30 12:27 PM

PJay - 2017-04-30 9:31 AM

PJay

Except the fact that you can't always be sure of who you are in contact with.

;-)

At least you don't have to move house if you fall out with someone on here :D ........

Archived