Gas springs in a motor home.

Check all gas springs in your motor home and their connection. They should not making any noise. You will find them in the cabin door in case of A-class. And the habitation door. And in your beds and garage doors.They are in fact hold retainers filled whit high pressure gas and oil. And are seal lubricated. Check The L/R arms that they are in position. The cabin door a class has inspection holes in the bottom where you can feel the arm. That door has less then 90 degrees opening. If your gas strut is broken you can damage the door. Anyway the doors was a nice pop group in the past. What are your experiences whit gas struts?

Hi Monique, only gas strut I have had any problem with is the one on the top of the habitation door ( no pun intended). On dusty dirt roads the polished plunger rod gunks up. Once cleaned no more issues. Big Morrison fans in this family. Cheers,

I replaced the struts on the lift up "French bed" in our last MH..

(SGS "sounds" familiar?)

When I ordered ours, even though I opted for slightly more powerful struts, the bed still *wouldn't stay raised once it had a duvet and some pillows on it..

(*thankfully, it was nothing too Freudian.. (lol) )

So all in all, a bit of a waste of time and money :$

Yes SGS is a Brand. But calculating a strut is not easy. Stick to the original. They should have some slope to keep them lubricated. However a shot of wd40 can reduce the noise. They have a body end and the rod type end. In case you have a ball joint on both ends be sure that they are connected and fixed by the retainer in the form of a Half circular clip spring, thinner than a paperclip.

Archived