Prince Phillip Retires

John52

pelmetman - 2017-05-31 9:03 AM

John52 - 2017-05-30 9:29 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-05-30 3:55 PM

Charlie boy whose pontificating sticks in my craw. It is a pity that centuries of inbreeding has produced an intellectually challenged individual with a distorted sense of his own worth and capabilities.

Veronica

Perhaps because he's spent his life surrounded by sycophants who want something from him?

Sounds just like Corbyn >:-) .......

What?

Corbyn wasn't born into multiple palaces full of servants to put the toothpaste on his toothbrush.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Corbyn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2017-05-31 7:26 AM

The most worrying thing is that if a future head of the armed forces turned out to be a tyrant, how could his subjects get rid of him :-(

I reckon John must be one of the very few people in the U.K. ( or in the world ? ) who live in fear of the British monarchy.

;-)

malc d - 2017-05-31 9:34 AM

The most worrying thing is that if a future head of the armed forces turned out to be a tyrant, how could his subjects get rid of him :-(

I reckon John must be one of the very few people in the U.K. ( or in the world ? ) who live in fear of the British monarchy.

;-)

The Future British Monarchy

John52 - 2017-05-31 10:02 AM

;-)

Correction :

I reckon John must be one of the very few people in the U.K. ( or in the world ?) who live in fear of the future British monarchy.

:-|

malc d - 2017-05-31 10:35 AM
John52 - 2017-05-31 10:02 AM
John52 - 2017-05-31 7:26 AM The most worrying thing is that if a future head of the armed forces turned out to be a tyrant, how could his subjects get rid of him :-(
I reckon John must be one of the very few people in the U.K. ( or in the world ? ) who live in fear of the British monarchy. ;-)
Correction :I reckon John must be one of the very few people in the U.K. ( or in the world ?) who live in fear of the future British monarchy. :-|
With such a warped outlook on life I should imagine a certain someone spends every waking moment absolutely terrified about something..........Just imagine living with no Chartists or Suffragettes around to defend ones anti establishment self..........now that's funny.

John52 - 2017-05-26 11:11 PM

pelmetman - 2017-05-26 9:46 PM

John52 - 2017-05-26 9:33 PM

malc d - 2017-05-26 7:44 PM

John52 - 2017-05-26 6:37 PM

Plenty more Heirs and Spares to take his place.

We could do a lot worse than Elizabeth and Phillip.

In which case how could we get rid of them?

The democratic way.

You form a British Republican Party and persuade the majority of people to vote for it.

;-)

And then they can ask Her Unelected Majesty's permission to form a Government *-)

As I understand it she wouldn't have much choice ;-) .......but it gives our resident republicans something to bitch about, as they know they haven't got a chance of being elected >:-) ........

She refused to allow the elected Harold Wilson to form a Government until Edward Heath had finished trying to cut a deal with the Liberals.

When push comes to shove whoever controls the armed forces controls the country.

Despite supposedly 'serving their country' the armed forces don't swear allegiance to their 'country', or our elected representatives.aa

The armed forces swear their allegiance to the unelected monarch

Remind me, who was it who said "political power grows from the barrel of a gun"

If anyone is interested, there is an interesting biog of HRH on Wiki. Having read it, I'm somewhat amazed that he emerged from his childhood and early adulthood anything like normal, and not in the least surprised he is a little eccentric, caustic, and outspoken. I know, John will say he should have chosen his parents better - but in the real world who gets to do that? :-D

I suppose that there is no chance that we could launch an appeal to raise money to send the poor chap to a country where he might be happier with the political system and finally be allowed to live without fear?

A few suggestions might be China, Russia, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Yemen etc.

AGD

Archived