Door locking

tourer

Greetings all, need a little help from the techies. We have a Autocruise Oakmont 2011. Our problem is the key fob the top button locks the cab doors, centre button locks cab and disables the engine but does not lock the habitation door. Lower button locks the habitation but shuts of the engine disabler. The only way we can have the van secure is to lock the habitation with the key is there something wrong with the fob or the locking sequence and need resetting?

Many thanks

Perhaps it's a cunning plan so you never lock yourself out inadvertently.

We met a Brit couple in France who did just that. Fortunately, they'd left a roof light open, so with the help of my extending ladder were able to get back in :-D

This may not be your problem, but our Burstner habitation door occasionally refuses to lock via the central locking button on the fob. A technician at our local M/home dealer showed us to wipe the contacts low down on the door frame, (4 metal squares) with dry cloth, then the door locks again no probs. I think this may be caused when these contacts are damp, but it wiping it, even with your finger certainly cures the problem.

colin - 2017-06-01 7:13 PM

Very odd, on the standard Fiat remote, top button unlocks cab, bottom button unlocks SLD and rear, middle button locks all doors.

I think you refer here to the Van conversions as this is what we have on our Autotrail.610SE

I think the OP may refer to a coachbuilt and indeed our our Burstner, the fiat key simply worked the cab doors, and the habitation door was a separate non remote key, which also was used for the other Burstner locks, as in outside lockers, water filler cap etc,

On our Autocruise Alto we have a LOCK and UNLOCK button on the dashboard pressing that locks the side door but when inside we usually just use the big button in the middle of the fob , it wont lock if any of the doors aren't shut properly in which case the red flashing light on the dash doesn't show! it should flash about every 2 seconds when locked.

Keithl - 2017-06-01 5:45 PM

So what happens if you press the lower button to lock the hab door then the centre button to lock the cab and arm the immobiliser?

Or does the centre button then unlock the hab door?

Keith.

Bit late Keith but if i press the centre button red light flashes on the dash (engine disarm)

and the habitation door unlocks. It's really weird. You can hear the mechanism operating in the door when the centre button is pressed or the cab doors button. The one I haven't tried is pressing the dash button in the hope that this might reset it if it's working out of sequence but this wont work until the engine is running. So we'll try that when we go to the stoneleigh show.

Archived