Motorhome Fire - Phone Charger fault

arthur49

The MH was unattended, the owners having set off for a walk only a few minutes earlier.  It was on a CL and the CL owner noticed the smoke and sent his daughter after the owners while he played a hose on it, after calling the Fire Service.

There was clearly a remarkable about of damage within only a few minutes - it looks like the MH could well be a write off.

The lesson may be that you shouldn't leave phone chargers unattended?  No information about what sort of phone or charger.

Lucky the CL owner smelt it. Though I would I have thought a foam fire extinguisher would have been better,

As a matter m of interest, do CL sites have fire hose/extinguishers, on site?

We have only ever used one once , on the border of Scotland many years ago. Must say very convenient as was opposite to a pub, in a remote area. Don't use van in UK, so do not belong to the clubs now

I would think the van is a write off. Wonder what has happened to it now?

It's one of those situations that we must all dread. Loosing belongings and I guess have to hire a car to get home?

I can feel for the owners!

We had a house fire years ago, and we lost everything, apart from the clothes we where wearing, and a load that was in the washing machine at the time, but all the up stairs was gutted. At the time the house was up for sale! So when repaired , took 3 months, of sleeping in a hotel,. The new owners got a completely redecorated house , and we had to shop for new clothes !! (I hate shopping) ALL my shoe collection was dumped!!

PJay

Interestingly, when on a cruise with P&O last year, one of the safety rules was “when on charge do not leave electronic devices unattended”. So this is seen as a potential fire hazard in the wider world.

Cattwg :-D

Cattwg - 2017-06-04 3:58 PM

Interestingly, when on a cruise with P&O last year, one of the safety rules was “when on charge do not leave electronic devices unattended”. So this is seen as a potential fire hazard in the wider world.

Cattwg :-D

Especially as so many gadgets are "cloned" cheap copies

So much for modern living. diesel fuel that harms us and the planet, some food is harmful,Plastic bags are toxic, perhaps there was some good reason why our ancestors lived in caves , and did not discover electricity?

Who came to the conclusion it was caused by the phone charger?

If you look at the photo posted above the main area of damage appears to be directly above the stove. The area around and above the phone charger is relatively unscathed.

It looks to my untrained eye more like something was left on the stove.

What do others think?

Keith.

Archived