Locking doors without alarm

ColinM50

We've got a 2017 Peugeot Boxer based Elddis motorhome and occasionally need to leave our two Cavalier King Charles' spaniels in it while we go out. But I can't find how to lock the doors without setting the alarm. If we lock them in, then after 30 secs or so the alarm goes off so we end up leave the M/H unlocked - not ideal.

Does anybody know how to do it please?

most alarm systems will have a button to deactivate the PIR sensors inside the van....those being set off by the dogs....or yourselves when inside at night.

in this case, all externally protected doors and lockers would still retain that protection, but the internal sensors are deactivated.

often there are three buttons on the fob.....arm the alarm and PIR sensors, disarm alarm and sensors, disarm sensors.

That's perfectly correct.

We have a separate alarm fob which contains two buttons as described above. We also have a key fob which contains the ignition key as well as two buttons (lock and unlock). If we want to lock the doors, but not set the alarm, we use the lock button on the key fob which locks all the doors.

Keithl - 2017-06-11 7:32 AM

Or possibly lock the door with the key rather than the remote?

Is this a Peugeot factory fit alarm or an after-market? And if the latter what make is it?

Keith.

This is what I do....

I have a post fitted Cobra alarm. This has 2 buttons, lock/arm and unlock/disarm. To diable the internal sensors lock the van and within 30 secs press the arm button again once. When you first lock the van the hazard flashers flash twice when you press the button the 2nd time they flash again.

Thanks chaps, yes I do have a separate fob which I've never used. Guess it's a case of RTFM. I've tried locking using just the key, but that only locks drivers side so there's no way to lock pax door.

Hmm, RTFM is definitely the case methinks.

just spent best part of an hour messing about with the Peugeot manual, Eldiss manual and the autowatch manual and still can't see how to do it. Will try the dealer tomorrow but I must say I find them as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike

ColinM50 - 2017-06-11 5:50 PM

Thanks chaps, yes I do have a separate fob which I've never used. Guess it's a case of RTFM. I've tried locking using just the key, but that only locks drivers side so there's no way to lock pax door.

Hmm, RTFM is definitely the case methinks.

If you lock the drivers door with the key the passenger should also lock. I had the same issue with mine and the Fiat dealer found that the appropriate connection hadn't been made. It was fixed under warranty.

My 2017 Citroen Relay PVC (essentially same as Boxer) has three buttons on key Lock ALL doors open front (cab) doors Open rear (side and rear actually) doors. The alarm system is not directly linked to door locking so you arm it or not as you wish with the alarm fob. This can be important say on Ferries where you are asked to lock your vehicle but not arm your alarm. On one long crossing a Mecedes driver set his alarm which sounded periodically but then immobilised the vehicle which couldn't be restarted even with a key. He was right at the front of the ship so every vehicle on that deck had to reverse off !!

Normally the internal sensor can be disarmed by appropriate button pressing.

Don't know if this tells you anything you didn't already know however. Is the alarm a factory option or retro-fitted. If retrofitted did you get a manual. It SHOULD be simple (and normal) to be be able to disarm internal sensor also for night use.

Incidentally check your van policy. If you declared that you have an alarm then there may be a condition that requires you as a condition of cover to arm your alarm when the vehicle is unattended.

We have a 2015 Elddis Sunseeker with the same alarm.

You have to press the lock button twice within five seconds this deadlocks the cab doors and disables the censors.

You have to lock the habitation door with the key though, we have done this and spent the night in the van and the alarm didn't go off.

Pete

Archived