Waste water tank

Billbob

I clean my tank out with fen wicks tank cleaner after each season but after using the motorhome a couple of times it always starts smelling straight away.I never flush a lot of stuff down into the tank as I mostly use the sinks on site.Anyone got any ideas of how to try and keep the smells at bay.I don't use the motorhome shower and also I put the plugs in the tray to try and stop any smells coming up into the van.

We used to have this problem, (still do to a much less extent), steps taken are:

No draining cooking water down the sink, (eg veg boiling water).

After washing dishes add some boi washing powder to the water before pulling the plug.

These simple steps have signicantly reduced the problem.

Hi Bill,

One of the first things we did when we got our MH was to add 'Waste water inline smell traps' from CAK tanks. I used part number WD1425G shown on page 26 here...

http://www.caktanks.co.uk/files/cak_catalogue_2012/2012_CAK_Water.pdf

I installed them in the horizontal hose runs under the MH so they are easy to get at to clean. You may need adaptors to fit your existing hose but they do work very well (as long as you keep them filled with water).

CAK also have square versions designed to go in vertical hose runs if they are easier to fit in your MH. (HGWT part numbers).

Also we never pour any liquid down containing milk, eg tea or coffee dregs.

Keith.

Archived